scott's review on metallica concert

Hi guys,

1. Everyone shall be free to express his/her opinion about any band.
2. Like them or not, it is a shame that it became a fashion to say the Metallica sold themselves... they have done an immensely lot to heavy metal, they do not really care about what selected people say until they enjoy what they do, people buy their music, visit their shows, etc. They have many perfect CDs from different points of view. One should not listen to a music that one does not like.
3. I had more Anthrax posters than Metallica posters back in the 80's, still, depeding on my mood, I can find many brilliant songs from any of the Metallica CDs or Anthrax CDs (or Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Cult, Rammstein, Manowar, etc........... )
4. Being envy of Metallica is not a nice thing. Heavy Metal fans should be proud of them. I have heard/seen only the St. Anger from their new CD and it is stupid to say that it is nu metal or too popular. It is so heavy that my feet immediately start to move, and I just can't stop headbaging and turning up the volume? Almost like a mixture of a punk song with power/thrash metal. Would this be the sign of trying to be too popular? Would a prick 'Lars' do such headbanging with smile to his ears on every show for so many years (with full pocket) if he would not be honest about it?
5. (Almost) all bands add to the variety of music available, that is good for us fans, too. (having enough money to keep up with the devevlopments is not easy, though).

MORE TOLERANCE PLEASE AND TRY NOT TO BE SO NARROW-MINDED!!!

Atilla... I admire the fact that you made well-tought out points and presented them in a mature fashion instead of the usual (FUCK YOU METALLICA RULES!!!).

Honestly, I wanted St. Anger to kick my ass... I wanted to be astonished and won back. Regardless of the Napster shit. However, I just felt the album was overhyped, underproduced, and somewhat contrived to fit into today's sonic landscape. It's somewhere between nu-metal and good euro metal.

There is nothing wrong with trying to sound current... that's everyone's goal. But I personally don't think that Metallica remained true to their core integrity. Oh well, maybe they'll put another one out next year that kicks my nuts into my throat.

Johnny Ace said:
that i don't know... maybe metallica were/are insecure.

i read an interview in metal hammer a few years ago and there was a remark from scott that said"there is still someone in metallica that holds a grudge that we blew them offstage in donnington"

we all no anthrax totally rocks live and maybe they felt anthrax slayed them that night!

as for who the pesron is that holds a grudge i think we could all have one guess and get it right:)