Secret cover compilation from fans

Unicorn said:
But on both I have tiny problems with the vocals. ;)
hehehehe. Awwww, so does that mean you won't be inviting me to growl on some of your songs? :cry:

;) :p
Yeah, my vocals are, umm, I'm not sure of the right word :lol: But it's the only voice I've got and I have noone else to do them, so I work with what I've got ;)

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

@ yv- the Anathema song I covered was "...And I Lust", though I did a pretty faithful rendition of it, didn't mutilate it like I did with the Katatonia song ;) There's some cover thread over on the Anathema board, they did a similar thing there but only 3 people did anything :D

I'm gonna start checking out other people's covers now (I wanted to get mine done first), so I'll post more when I've heard some :D

Cerulean,

I just found your message and cover, replied in personal but think about sharing it with others :)

The_Loveless said:
@The lull and Unicorn

Well.. I think I'll stop doing covers..
This one is the coolest I ever heard!

Congratulations!!! :)
!:OMG:

agreed!
@The Loveless, your covers are also very very cool!

Hi,
thanks for all the comments. Yes, the Tonights Music cover it turned out really good. But all of the covers so far are good. this will be a nice gift for Katatonia. :)
I don't know the old Katattonia albums, but the track from The_Loveless makes me curious. A lot of feeling in there... but are the guitars detuned a bit? :Smug:

should we update the page with this co-produced tonight music? Btw, valafar, after 8 comes 9 :)
Oh, and I heard Murder by Cerulean, kind of "exact cover" but I think good. People should encourage him to hand it over :)

Hell-o! Your idea of an independent Kata-Tribute is really cool and I like most of the tracks I´ve heard until now (unfortunately I´m no musician, so I can´t participate). But I´m a little bit disappointed, because there´s nobody covering songs from the beginning, o.k., there´s already "Elohim Meth", but what about "Funeral Wedding", "Brave", "Rainroom" or "At Last"? Please, just do it!!!

Well, I am thinking about to make something like "MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SONG", where I only put PARTS of my favorite songs into.
Means a song that have parts from following songs:

Velvet Thorns / Funeral Wedding / 12 -- This 3 songs stand for the HARD Katatonia Sound ..

Maybe someone want to make the same for the "new" Kata sound.

I dont know if the Idea is working, and I dont know how exactly I will do this. I have allready fixed the parts that I want to record. But I need other Lyrics for this "new" song..

Maybe someone has an Idea which lyrics I should chose? Or if I should write completely new lyrics?

We started working on a Will I Arrive- cover last night. It won't be too close to the original I guess but really cool (I hope)... The only problem is that we are very busy with other things at the moment so I don't know when we will have the recording finished but anyway, we're working on it. So don't end this compilation- thing before we' ve sent our song! Is there something like a "deadline"?

hehe.. I started this idea here and I havent even had the time to plug in the equipent to the PC, so dont worry.. Or.. at least, worry with me :D .. Deadline was end of summer, I would prefer to finish it until those concerts at the end of august (23th), so maybe a bunch of us could hand it over.. Dunno.

Cis said:
We started working on a Will I Arrive- cover last night. It won't be too close to the original I guess but really cool (I hope)... The only problem is that we are very busy with other things at the moment so I don't know when we will have the recording finished but anyway, we're working on it. So don't end this compilation- thing before we' ve sent our song! Is there something like a "deadline"?

oh take your time man, but do your best to make it fast! :D

I wouldn't say "plenty of time"... let's say about 6 weeks or so. (even a lifetime is not enough for anything) Oh, and there's only 40 minutes space left from compilation disc one. :D