Secret cover compilation from fans

Dispossession said:
If it's supposed to be a TRIBUTE, please exclude this piece of shit. It doesn't even have an original melody line from Teargas. I will do fucking gangsta rap version of "Murder" maybe then. At least the title would fit.

Gas them motherfuckers.

Don't forget the ROTTING MONSTER COW version of "Right into the bliss"; Maybe I should do it. Will be ugly, ugly , ugly. If I find time;

Cis said:
I already have a second cover on my mind... hehe, always more ideas than time to record them. The problem is the guitar player- he spends too much time at his working place and so we didn't meet eachother very often recently. But we'll get it done, just wait a little longer...

Shall we do the ROTTING MONSTER COW version together???

Cis said:
I already have a second cover on my mind... hehe, always more ideas than time to record them. The problem is the guitar player- he spends too much time at his working place and so we didn't meet eachother very often recently. But we'll get it done, just wait a little longer...

waiting to hear your cover! i've also have some parts of mine in my head, now I'm trying to convince a friend to do the vocals even if she doesn't like Katatonia...but she's a good singer I think. The piano part is almost finished and thank you Dora for your help for the recording software.

"Location: bass", ha ha only you could write that:)
Tell the guitarist to concentrate more on the Katatonia cover!
Grüße an alle!

OK i wanted to do a cover of Sweet Nurse as it is my favourite katatonia song
you can guarentee that whateber i end up creating will be top bollox (hopefully) and that it will be to my best
i have prrofessional software and bear in mind that i do have knowlage of how to use it
i want to know if anyone would be interested in helping me
i have access to
acid 4.0
soundforge 5.0
fruityloops

these are really all the programs i need to creat the song
i can sing
for proof i got full marks in 2 of my 3 aural exams but if anyone feels more confident than i do please msg me about it

i will program in all of the drums and layer them as well to make a complete drum track
ill then pass this to someone else who'll add something of their own
they'll pass it back and i'll add something
this will proceed till we're happy with our outcome

please work in .wav or .mp3 format to make it easier and for other acid users i can open .acd or .ack.zip files which would make it even easier

will people only answer if they beleve they could give it a damn good go and we will produce a cracking cover
cheers 4 listening
Good luck everyone
please get back

the drum track to my cover of sweet nurse is complete and it is at the exact correct speed (111.000 bpm) played to the original the drums are identical apart from the drums sound less real (more electronic)
some of the fills have notes missing but thats only because katatonias version was recorded using a real drumkit with a damn good drummer and not fruityloops 3.4. its still all in time tho
if noone's answered by tommorrow i will continue to record some guitar into it and maybe even some piano.
good luck with other covers
charv

Welcome!
I'm OK with adding some atmosphere .. cause I'm not too good on instruments, but I'm a bit afraid that not many of us have much time.. so please, also try to do an own cover if it's not working.. :)
I tried this 'making music together through the net' thing and never worked.. but i hope now it will.
(btw, I'm also interested in acid 4, I have only 3 :) .. and I really recommend Cooledit pro2 to anyone, especially for those who use a mic because of its unique noise reduction feature...) I'm also fine with exchanging wav files.. Do you have any messenger thing(yahoo, icq, msn) or email?

ps: I made a nice mosaic from avatars for the inlay maybe.. so those who dont't have any yet, make 1.. (ooh, just saw valafars new avatar.. man, you're getting creepy, and I'm afraid :) )

Well sign me up...I'll be happy to lay down some tunes in the name of Katatonia. I've always wanted to do "Right in to bliss", I want to do a more elaborate guitar solo though. This will be my test to see if I can do all the instruments as well as doing my job of engineering & recording it. Should be some fun...Or I'd be happy to do "Disspossion" No problems here, in fact as a joke my band did a cover of "Cry my name" & "The soulcollecter" too bad its not a katatoniac related contest! haha anyway mark me down!:hotjump:

why bad if not a contest? I like not competing but doing something together.. :) It's a sacred mission! :D

the lull,

what is your final song for the compilation now, is it the one with Unicorn or both? (how about another? .. we have 3.5 great unicorn pieces so need some balance :) )

Dora said:
the lull,

what is your final song for the compilation now, is it the one with Unicorn or both? (how about another? .. we have 3.5 great unicorn pieces so need some balance :) )

Thanks. :)
But the "Deadhouse" cover was on the first contest, so only the mix is new. Maybe it should not find the way on K.F.U.C.K

oh, so they already know deadhouse from then? :( well.. then probably it doesnt fit here (as we could also include all others from there but it's a new story). Or did you changed it much? But feel free to make new ones, we like them! I was only joking and pushing people to give more... :)

give it a try! about 6 weeks left and we help each other so if it's incomplete someone might add the rest

I dont know about others.. some mentioned what they use above. I use the PC, keyboards throuh MIDI and through "line in" an amp simulator-multieffect box in which I can plug guitars and bass as well.. But it's theoretical as I havent recorded any songs for a year because I got sick when looking to these damn many kilometers of endless cables around me.. :)
If you asked about software, then Cubase, Soundforge, Cooledit, Acid - for me. I have Reason as well which is a great thing but I cannot use it.. learning cubase took years from my life, too. :)
For basic line or mic recording I would recomment Cooledit pro 2 which is multitrack wave recorder, editor with effects and so.. though I only use it for noise reduction. All depends on style and instruments. What do u have/want?

Cerulean said:
Dhatura, you never fail to confuse me :ill: Cos I don't know if you're being either dead sarcastic or kinda "serious" (I know you never are). Here as well as in the Anathema cover thread o_O

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't being sarcastic. Hope you're not mad at me :)

But will you believe I'm not being sarcastic now either?