Secret cover compilation from fans

can someone put at least the winners of the old contest somewhere? or I have icq and yahoo m...

Dispo: if you dont like it, thats OK, but plz dont keep insulting each other. It's not a professional type project, if your such a big artist whatever, then let us, ordinary forum members show out respect to the band the way we want it.

(I think I will do some dnb trance shit from day, with or without female vocals.. And I DO think that it would be a great idea to make a Rap song, too :) Disliking certain music styles is not a reason to judge people.)

I also prefer the k.f.u.c.k.
fuck is not a good word for tribute.. :)
how about s.u.c.k.s? silly users covering katatonia songs? hehe -- no. we will hear this word enough..

Hmm, my cover won't fit this compilation I guess. It's more an experiment cos it was the first time I ever tried to create the drums for a song and I randomly choose some song (it was I Break as you know by now, cos it's 'easy'). And because it was an experiment I tried to stay close to the original.

But for the Photoshop thingie: I'm using that damned program every day in the art school where I'm going so I can always give that a try.

Oh yeah and I'm recording Murder at the moment, but also this time I'll try to stay close to the original.
But can someone tell me how to grunt!??? :D
There must be a special technique for it, I've heard Jonas uses the wrong one.

oh i REALLY prefer K.F.U.C.K. or F.U.C.K.
aah the katatonia guys really know this is just for fun
i can see them laughing from here... :D

hey cerulean, go ahead and give us your cover
this is just to have fun, not to measure abilities or else, the more experiments the better !! :D

Great idea! We'll record something, not sure yet which song 'cause there are so many- but I'll think about it.
@Ether: Why don't you come to Berlin, then we can do it together. We 've got all recording equipment here. That's going to be fun, don't you think!!! And you can guess who will play which instrument ;) and about the vocals- you're Jonas, I'm Anders (as usual).
Maybe we should meet on the Travemünde beach again and do it there. How about a sunny summer beach version of ...- ahh, no maybe not murder again but omerta ... or whatever... PUNKT. SCHLUSS!!

Reactions: COBitch
what do you people think about a deadline? (is it too early to think about it? let's say, this summer?)

"exact cover"? Exact OR cover.. :)
I think it can be any... (Or another idea: it could be the same song in many versions? Maybe next time)

So when is your summer, roughly (it's just, I live on the other side of the planet :p ;))?
I reckon everyone just do what they want, it doesn't matter if it's an exact copy of the original song or a total re-write (I'm sure we're all at differing skill levels), and don't worry about dupliacte songs, it's all gonna sound different anyway, so it's cool :D
I'm leaning towards a funeral doom rendition of Nowhere, we'll see..... ;)

Reactions: COBitch
:)
summer is until the end of august, I guess.. :) but it's not a long time because many people go to travel holiday and such.. and the rest of us works, so.. (And I NEED much time myself, ha-ha..)

haha :lol: I just read what I posted and since I'm not planning on ripping the track from the cd, there will be no "exact" cover. what I should have said was "are we trying to follow all of the original melodies/rhythms, or is the goal to make a remix type of thing"

my apologies :)
-Chaos

i think anyone should do what they want, as long as it is a katatonia song...
i remember that for the katatonia contest i made a cover from "for my demons" - it was EXACTLY the
same song, just with growling vocals...
result: it wasnt interesting at all...

...since then i've been more into experimentation a lot, and have increased my musical taste...
i'm not afraid of doing "disco shit" in a cover :D...

do whatever you want people, i'm sure this is the best tribute a band can have...
it no matter if there are repeated songs...
it no matter the genre...
and the deadline, it's cool for me,

i'll do another disco-trance-country-shit-remix from "deadhouse"
oh yeah baby yeeah :D

I hope someone tries a rap song :)) That would be interesing!! haha.. OK.. I went too far me fucker

I have a shoegazer version of "Tonight's music" I did once when I couldn't find sleep one night. The result is quite odd...no vocals, mogwai-ish feeling all over the song...
I did the 'quiet world' cover for the contest, was even among the top 5 :D , and was very surprised about that...did anyone hear it?