Seeking piece of Katatonia music from their website.

Delusionist24

New Metal Member
Mar 11, 2011
A few years back, Katatonia had this piece of music on their website that looped over and over again. It was a very dark and beautiful piece and I would love if I could hear it again. I don't believe it was from any other song. Does anyone else recall this piece, or know where to find it?

A few years back, Katatonia had this piece of music on their website that looped over and over again. It was a very dark and beautiful piece and I would love if I could hear it again. I don't believe it was from any other song. Does anyone else recall this piece, or know where to find it?

I believe your talking about the piano melody from the night is the new day teaser website, and it is a part of the song "New Night". The melody was never released as a stand alone piece to my knowledge.

I think he/she may be referring to the melody that was on the site from the Last Fair Deal Gone Down era. A guitar, if I remember well. It was kinda melancholic.
I used to have it. It was very nice.

EDIT: I've been doing some research on the forum and there are quite a few threads asking for that melody. I didn't remember it was so popular, ha.

Here you go, courtesy of Frank Default.

http://soundcloud.com/frankdefault/katatonia-new-night-loop

The melody from New Night. It can be downloaded there.

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately this is not what I am looking for.

The poster who suggested it was from the Last Fair Deal gone Down era I think may be correct. It's stuck in my head.

I feel like that piece of music perfectly defines Katatonia, even if it's just a 30 second loop.

GOD DAMNIT I Must hear it again!!

here it is. salient, it's hidden in the video, deep in mysterious waves of majestic art fog....contained are hidden gems of natural blurs, contained herein...enter, acclaimed...studio

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he/she may be referring to the melody that was on the site from the Last Fair Deal Gone Down era. A guitar, if I remember well. It was kinda melancholic.
I used to have it. It was very nice.

EDIT: I've been doing some research on the forum and there are quite a few threads asking for that melody. I didn't remember it was so popular, ha.

i composed a little layered guitar piece exclusively as a background theme for the last fair deal gone down website. unfortunately neither me or the webmaster have it anymore, BUT i do know that i have the unmixed recording sitting in a closet. maybe i should dig it out as it could go well as interlude music on the 20th anniversary shows where last fair deal gone down is in the limelight... kinda a little nostalgia for the people who remember...

i composed a little layered guitar piece exclusively as a background theme for the last fair deal gone down website. unfortunately neither me or the webmaster have it anymore, BUT i do know that i have the unmixed recording sitting in a closet. maybe i should dig it out as it could go well as interlude music on the 20th anniversary shows where last fair deal gone down is in the limelight... kinda a little nostalgia for the people who remember...

I was gonna ask you if you still had the theme by any chance, as I remembered Jesse once saying you composed it for "the deadsite".
You should definitely look for that unmixed recording. Maybe if you find it you can post a link so we, nostalgic fans, can hear it again?

Do it!!

Also, while we have you here, what's the intro music that was used on your tours up until just after The Great Cold Distance? It's on the Black Sessions and Live Consternation dvds.