Sentenced - Down

it's a good album !
i prefer Frozen or Crimson, but Down is great too ...

Noose is the song who made me discover "dark" music and is still one of my favorite songs

Yes, it's a good album but not one of my favorite Sentenced cds. If you like a bit darker, heavier, faster and more brutal music I'd recommend you to check out their album North From Here. Easily their best, but many people would disagree, I'm sure. Amok borderline's both styles, it's still dark - but very technical, yet catchy and not so brutal. It's like a perfect mix of the darker heavy metal style of Down and the brutal North From Here. Or .. if you're new to the band, why don't you just get the "Best Of" cd first? That'd show you which era you like the most and then you could easily pick up some of the full lenght cds.

Oooooh!! You've done well, you've actually reached FOUR posts by this time HATEBRINGER... It's a pity that you're not a POST-Bringer...!

This is an album worth owning; Sentenced's own brand of depressive music is unique and guitarist Sami Lopakka has a distinctive crunchy chord sound and lead style. They are a great 'Autumn listening' band, lots of depressing lyrics and atmosphere, but for me they never quite hit a true feeling of darkness so I can listen to them any time of day!

whoa this is awsome-crimson has been in my cd player a lot lately and i was wondering which i should get next. i was going to post about it, but that wont be necassary now! i think frozen or north of here is what ill go for.....thanks! heheh.

Originally posted by Unhallowed

Yes, Alex?

I thought it must be you. Who else would have the Kreator pic and those oppinions about Sentenced (well, quite a few actually...but forget that heh).

What's up? Long time no talk...I've been sick so I haven't been able to use the ICQ at the office...this damn home connection wont let me used ICQ or anything like that for some reason....

Down is a great album. How many albums can a band make about suicide and dying before they actually do it? Definently don't play their shit if you are feeling down 'cause it won't help you. I personally prefer either Frozen or North From Here. Totally different styles, but both are great.

n/p: Katatonia-Last Fair Deal...