Sepultura back to the US

Weapon X said:
Yes I believe they were re-released with bonuses and better quality and all that fun stuff.

If I see that on eBay, I'll pick it up. I think I have everything from Sepultura now, other than a zillion EPs they released. But I have to draw the line somewhere....

Great.. now I found out that Sepultura will be playing at Lamour's may 5th

It is actually May 20th according to www.lamourrocks.com ... but opening for Superjoint Ritual ??? WTF ???

I am still pissed that Voivod is not making it to NY ... this really sucks!!!

Oh sorry, heh, yeah it was great. Phili seems like a cool town for shows - The Trocadero is excellent. Great sound, two levels with an upstairs seating area. The whole place is a vintage theater.

Voivod were great - it was good to see Jason back on stage and doing his thing too. Interesting crowd for Voivod - I'll admit I'm not too familiar with their history, but they definitely attract a different crowd. Very mixed (in race as well as style), and very devoted. The mosh pit looked like a bunch of people doing some kind of 'performing arts'. It was all quite articulate.

Of course when Sepultura came on stage, the place went bezerk. Some of the wildest moshing I've seen in years - the entire standing area had metallers mixed in with a hardcore crowd. Jason Newsted came on stage to play guitar for Territory and Refuse/Resist.

I have to admit though, the new stuff seems to work better for Sepultura now than the old stuff. They play those tracks for nostalgic reasons, and since they are down to one guitar (for the most part), the early stuff sounds hollow. For example, when they played "Arise", the guitar solo just drowned into the fuzzy bass and it didn't seem as technical as when Max was driving the tribe.

Hanging out, drinking beer, eating Phili cheesteaks, trying to digest them, drinking some more beer, getting locked into a bar to keep drinking after closting time....yeah, it was a cool weekend. :)

Thanks to Scott for letting us stay at his gaff. (We taught him what 'gaff' meant, heh).