Serenity Painted Death finally tabbed

wankerness

Dec 3, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,4861

This took me a long long time to come up with a rough version for, and then I gave it to the guy with the name "Dtrule" to do corrections (cause he's tabbed lots of songs by pain of salvation and symphony x and other such bands flawlessly), and then the guy with the name "Orchid" started doing bass tabs so he did one for it that got put in the file, and then about a month later dtrule finished with the corrections. So here's the result. I don't guarantee 100% accuracy, but I really don't think anyone's going to get better on this song unless they get dictation from Opeth themselves. YAYYY! I did the last solo myself, so some of the fingerings are sort of nasty, but I wasn't sure what would be better :'( . Regardless, I hope you enjoy it. Ratings (on powertabs.net) are always appreciated too, as long as they're 5 stars. :D I submitted it to darkwood already, it just hasn't been put up.

Jeremy said:
Why don't you guys use Guitar Pro? Not to sound ungrateful but I think it's better than Power Tab... I can't find a guitar pro tab of Drappery Falls anywhere :\
It's not better than power tab. It's a pain in the ass to use, and it doesn't have standard notation, and it just looks all around bad. The most annoying thing about it is how you can't see more than one guitar at the same time...you have to switch pages. I also hate the landscape style, and the way that the notes have tab numbers attached to them so it's hard to tell what they are. To top things off, it's not freeware. It's just extremely not-user friendly compared to power tab. I have a power tab of "the drapery falls," and you should download it and deal with it cause power tab owns guitar pro. :D The ONLY THING guitar pro has on power tab editor is the ability to do percussion (in an extremely annoying, clumsy way of course), but the new powertab is supposedly going to have that implemented anyway. Yuck. Guitarpro. Also, about 90% of the files I've downloaded for it have been junk, as compared to powertabs.net which really has a pretty good quality standard going for it (largely thanks to not allowing cheap midi imports). Another big problem I have with guitar pro is that a ton of people seemed to try to make the best sounding midi possible as compared to the best possible tab. It's entertaining to LISTEN TO sometimes, but as far as actually playing goes, DON'T USE GUITAR PRO!!!!! !:OMG:

Jeremy said:
Or simply post it at http://www.mysongbook.com and we'll all get it from there... BTW great Bleak tab there... good work whoever did it.

>:O >:O >:O HOORAY FOR THEM COPYING A BUNCH OF MY WORK I WISH YOU COULD SUE OVER STUFF LIKE THIS AT LEAST THE DUMMY MESSED UP THE TIMING ON A FEW PARTS AND SCREWED UP THE OUTRO, BUT IM PISSED ABOUT THE LEADS ON THE BRIDGE AND THE ACOUSTIC FILL ARGGGGHHHHHHH and they even copied some lead stuff i knew was wrong...incredible. I hate guitar pro even more now!

diospada said:
can someone list all the opeth powertabs available?? please!!!!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm...as far as i know, there are only the following:
Serenity Painted Death (guitar and bass) (mine)
Demon of the Fall (guitar and bass) (mine)
The Drapery Falls (guitar and bass) (mine, there's a different version on death8699 that's far less accurate and doesn't have bass)
Still Day Beneath the Sun
Patterns in the Ivy
Patterns in the Ivy II (I think...I don't remember for sure, if it's not on Darkwood it doesn't exist)
Ending Credits (Guitar and bass, I think..maybe not bass)
Creedence (Guitar and bass)
Dirge for November (guitar and bass) (2 versions, one is pretty good and is on powertabs.net, one's more good and hasn't been "released" by the author yet but I have it)
Bleak (Guitar and bass) (mine)
Requiem (guitar and bass)

then I have about 90% of April Ethereal with guitar and bass (i work off the powertab bass tab), about 5% of The Leper Affinity (also working off the powertab bass tab), about 10% of "A Fair Judgement," about 20% of windowpane, about 20% of Moonlapse Vertigo, about 1% of When, and some unfinished powertabs that someone else did of the intro to advent and some section of nectar. There's also a powertab SOMEWHERE of "By the Pain I see in others," because one of the txt tabs of it on darkwood is a powertab export, but I don't know where the original is. A friend of mine is trying to convert it back to powertab, I don't really know how far he is. So yeah. I'm the main supplier of Opeth Powertabs, as far as I know. If you want any of this stuff I can send it to you, but I don't really want to show off my unfinished stuff cause some of it sucks :D. I don't know when I'm going to finish these things cause I have about 20 OTHER tabs I'm working on in addition to all the Opeth, and I get bored working on one Opeth song for too long. Also, if I get requests, those take top priority. I don't have any now though...and I DON'T take requests if they are "the moor." I tabbed serenity painted death, and it was hell on earth thanks to still life's horrendous production, so I want to avoid ever doing anything off that album again unless it's Benighted (or MAYBE face of melinda...). Anyway, my guess is that April Ethereal should be ready in a few weeks and the same with A Fair Judgement (the concert inspired me!). As for the leper affinity, that is going to take a LONNNNGGGG time. Yeah. wankerness@hotmail.com