Serenity Painted Death...

Originally posted by Useful Idiot
If anything in that song is cheesy, it would be the whole "White face haggard grin, This serenity painted death" part...

I don't think it sounds cheesy. I think it sounds like mikael is rappin' ... Opeth, kickin' the phat beats ...

Seriously though, I have yet to find Opeth do anything cheesy.

And as for the person who can't find anything to hook them into Serenity Painted Death - I don't know what to tell you. For any Opeth song, I feel that it's almost automatic. Whether its the riffs, acoustic sections, or the solos, they all hook me automatically. And Serenity Painted Death, while still not being one of my favorite Opeth songs, still has all of those good thinks that hooked me.

Originally posted by Brooks
Hahah, I agree with you on the hip hop part. I didn't even notice it till about a week ago, but the drum beat is total hip hop groove, and the phat guitar rhythm, and Mikael rapping... its awesome :)

It's true... And it kinda freaks me out!
:lol: :lol:

I have to agree with the dodgyness of the "white face... part". Thw whole album builds up to the Face of Melinda and then SPD should be where it suddenly turns really violent and shatters all the niceness away but the 'chorus' in SPD did seem really cheesy to me at first. Like its bouncy and rhyms to easily - that rap comment was spot on LOL. But maybe that was the idea. Its kinda off from the rest of the album so maybe Mikael ment it be awkward sound dirty and distant rather then in your face and brutal.

I can just imagine mikael doing those rap hand motions and such in the studio ... raise the roof mikael ...