Setlist of the reunion shows

I don´t believe that John, Rob and Joey V. will be leaving - I mean, that would make Scott and Charlie look downright foolish as even in the latest interviews they praised John for being the greatest singer around (which he isn´t BTW) and said that Frank was out of the band because he couldn´t cope with the others anymore. Furthermore I also think John wouldn´t have done the South American tour if he really had to leave afterwards.

Schurl said:
I don´t believe that John, Rob and Joey V. will be leaving - I mean, that would make Scott and Charlie look downright foolish as even in the latest interviews they praised John for being the greatest singer around (which he isn´t BTW) and said that Frank was out of the band because he couldn´t cope with the others anymore. Furthermore I also think John wouldn´t have done the South American tour if he really had to leave afterwards.

John might not be the greatest singer around, but he´s still way better than Joey.

johnnieCzech said:
John might not be the greatest singer around, but he´s still way better than Joey.

No. He may be more "easy listening" than Joey but he´s very limited. I think it depends on which era of Anthrax one likes more: the thrashy one of the 80´s and early 90´s (=> Joey, I don´t think that John´s voice really fits in a thrash band) or the style mix of the newer albums (=> John, his voice is good on more mellow and mid-tempo songs).

I don't think there won't be another studio album. If they plan on doing one, a realistic time-period would be a new album in mid 2006 at the earliest. That is a long time from now...they are on life-support now as it is, by then they may be dead and buried.

Schurl said:
I hope this is meant to be ironic?
I remember Lemmy saying that Chris Cornell didn't sing on key! He was on some show on VH1 in the 90's where they reviewed new music. Maybe Lemmy should give Cornell singing lessons! ;) I don't care if Lemmy can't sing, I'm still a huge fan!

Schurl said:
No. He may be more "easy listening" than Joey but he´s very limited. I think it depends on which era of Anthrax one likes more: the thrashy one of the 80´s and early 90´s (=> Joey, I don´t think that John´s voice really fits in a thrash band) or the style mix of the newer albums (=> John, his voice is good on more mellow and mid-tempo songs).

No way. It´s Joey who actually never fit into a thrash metal band. I like him most when he sang on his first solo record, which was more melodic rock. When you compare Among The Living with both singers, it´s a lot heavier and lot more metal with Bush without any doubt.