Rediscovery pts 1 & 2
Egypt
Seven
Revelation
Paradise Lost

Encore:
Odyssey

This is interesting :)

First of, play the Paradise Lost intro. There's no need to play any other intros if you just got a new cd out with an intro full of balls.
- Oculus Ex Inferni
- Set the World on Fire
- Evolution
- On the Breath of Poseidon (how 'bout that?)
- Paradise Lost
- King of Terrors
- The Serpent's Kiss
Grand Final:
- Revelation / Divine Wings of Tragedy
Encore:
- Rediscovery Part II: The New Mythology (that title is so cool!)

The thing is to put songs of the new album between old ones... because the sound is very different...

And I vote for the Divine Wings of Tragedy setup. There's the new album, now is the time to play it. There is no need to play The Accolade I and II, they should have done that after The Odyssey album. Now is the time to link Revelation and the Divine Wings of Tragedy. ;-)

Playing a song from the first album would be kick ass for us, die hard fans, but they're not interesting for the average metaller... you know that ;-)

^That almost looks realisting set list, I'd just like to change Evolution to just about any other song preferably from the 90s.

Tbh I'd like to see their energetic songs played live, because that's what I like to hear at live gigs. No ballads plz :).

Ideally I'd like to see them start out with something energetic, and finish with something epic. Inbetween should be..... well.... inbetween. There should be enough time to rest our necks for the last song :p.

If I have to do in order for the millionth time...

Oculus Ex Inferni / Set The World On Fire
A Fool's Paradise
Domination
The Edge of Forever
Serpent's Kiss
Through the Looking Glass
Paradise Lost
Accolades
Eve of Seduction
Egypt
The Walls of Babylon
A Lesson Before Dying
Seven
Of Sins and Shadows
Sacrifice

Candlelight Fantasia

Revelation
Divine Wings Of Tragedy

Having only seen the band once live in a support slot here in the UK I am quite happy with the current set list, but i would love to hear any of the songs below played:

Out of the Ashes
Dressed to Kill
Eve of Seduction
The Turning
Pharaoh
The Sacrifice
Revelation
Awakenings

on an extra note i would prefer if songs from the first album were not played, Im just not a fan.

The Edge of Forever - This thread is the first step towards making this dream a reality. If they played it, the remaining setlist wouldn't matter. But a few more suggestions:

Whispers
A Winter's Dream Pt. I and II.
Anything from the first album, and I mean ANYTHING.
Candlelight Fantasia
Frontiers

Nice, finally Egypt is getting more love. It would be incredible live.

01. Oculus ex Inferni
02. Set The World on Fire

Open with the new album/video.

03. Wicked
A good Odyssey representation, a badass live song, and a chance for Russell to show his pipes.

04. A Fool's Paradise
05. Paradise Lost
06. Eve of Seduction

Gotta love the thematic elements of playing Fool's Paradise/Paradise Lost. :) Also, another spot to pimp the new album with two of its best songs!

07. Dressed to Kill
08. Frontiers
09. The Relic

10. Accolade II
I agree with MJR a little, where as I love both songs, I think doing them both would be kind of a momentum killer. Having just number 2, it goes a way to show some of the diversity from The Odyssey (album) and still please Accolade fans. Plus, I think having this song in the setlist would make up for dropping The Odyssey (song).

11. The Walls of Babylon
More new album + badass as all hell last time around.

12. Absence of Light
13. Out of the Ashes
14. Revelation

I think it's a good idea to start and end the primary set with the new album, especially when you are starting/ending in the same way the CD is tracked.
-----------------
15. Serpent's Kiss
Re-introduce again with the new album, and AGAIN with another single/video off of it.

16. Through the Looking Glass
Perfect closer. Would please many fans. Awesomely emotional. Stupid people should be done moshing by this point anyway. Dumbasses.

Songs number 4, 7, 8, 9, 12, & 13 explanation?
I just want to hear 'em.

I hope this poll gets counted a lot towards the setlist, because some of these suggestions are looking pretty good. Minus, of course, Shades of Grey...and well, DWoT. Yep, I said it.

Thanks for the opportunity, Jax!

Smoke and Mirrors
Set the World on Fire
Pharaoh (that groove is just cool)
Communion and the Oracle WITH that slow, moody part at the end
+ The Bird Serpent War/Cataclysm
+ On the Breath of Poseidon
+ Egypt
Orion - The Hunter (I just love that song...)
The Serpents Kiss
The Walls of Babylon
The Relic
Awakenings
Lady of the Snow

Maybe there's too many slow songs in it, so this might not be a good setlist in it's entirety, just some suggestions. (maybe add Eve of Seduction and King of Terrors)

I'd also like to suggest that they should try to segue more between songs, if possible. Cool, suprising entries into recognizable intros from other songs would be really great :)

Oh, and please play the ballads SLOWER - when I have heard Paradise Lost live last year - I thought that the effect of the song was mainly lost due to the speed it was played at. It's a ballad - so please play it slow, too and give that moody notes some time to sink in :saint:

I hope this poll gets counted a lot towards the setlist, because some of these suggestions are looking pretty good. Minus, of course, Shades of Grey...and well, DWoT. Yep, I said it.

As much as you dislike DWoT I guarantee that you'd like it live. You and I both know that it would make the most sense to close with Revelation / Divine Wings, as they segue semi-naturally.

Through the Looking Glass would be an awesome addition, but I don't see it as an encore. Rediscovery would probably be a better encore, although neither of these songs are particularly well-known.

As much as you dislike DWoT I guarantee that you'd like it live. You and I both know that it would make the most sense to close with Revelation / Divine Wings, as they segue semi-naturally.

Especially since the band have just come off playing The Odyssey, which apparently took FOREVER to tweak for a live setting. Playing basically a 35 minute song would definitely "make the most sense". :loco:

Through the Looking Glass would be an awesome addition, but I don't see it as an encore. Rediscovery would probably be a better encore, although neither of these songs are particularly well-known.

I'll stand by that TtLG would go over better than Rediscovery.

Ok, after thinking about it alot, here are my top 8 songs for a concert:

1)Accolade II
2)The Accolade
3)Rediscovery Part I and II
4)The Sacrifice
5)Communion And the Oracle
6) Through the Looking Glass
7) The Divine Wings of Tragedy
8) Candlelight Fantasia

Redragon

I have spent MANY hours over the past few days tallying all of the setlist poll responses..holy cow, the turnout was awesome, thanks so much to everyone who responded (you can bet the next poll will be automated..LOL)!! In the interest of brevity, I'm not going to list all of the results, but rather, the top 5 requested songs from each cd; for the record, the song with the most votes overall was Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies).

Also, there have been comments all over regarding the Accolade songs not appearing in the top fives list, so I thought I'd let you know that the Accolade votes were done a bit differently since there were people voting for each separately, as well as people asking for both together. Because the point was to let the band know what ya'll want to hear (as compared to just providing a top five list for each cd), 'both Accolades together' was a separate category..if the votes had been split up between the separate songs, both would've been in the top five on their respective cds.

~Symphony X
Masquerade
Rapture or Pain
Absinthe and Rue
3-way tie for 4th: Premoniton, Shades of Grey, and Thorns of Sorrow

~The Damnation Game
The Edge of Forever
The Damnation Game
Dressed to Kill
A Winter's Dream - The Ascencion (Part II)
A Winter's Dream - Prelude (Part I)

~The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Of Sins and Shadows
The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Sea of Lies
Out of the Ashes
Candlelight Fantasia

~Twilight in Olympus
Smoke and Mirrors
In the Dragon's Den
Church of the Machine
Lady of the Snow

~V: The New Mythology Suite
Evolution (The Grand Design)
2-way tie for 2nd: Communion and the Oracle, and Egypt
Fallen
A Fool's Paradise
Rediscovery pt. II - The New Mythology

~The Odyssey
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
The Odyssey
King of Terrors
Wicked
Awakenings

~Paradise Lost
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
Paradise Lost
Eve of Seduction
Domination
The Serpent's Kiss

[Edit: unsticking this thread, the results have been copied to the Latest News thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.