SevenString.org Bullshittery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, not coming off as a smart ass..

But.. Such as? :O

Customshop ESP MII
Customshop ESP MI
San Dimas Jackson Dinky
Jackson USA KV2
Jackson USA SL-1
San Dimas Jackson RR1

the ESP MII has a thin neck, FR trem and is bolt on.....has more punch and sustain than any paula I've played.

important is not the TYPE of wood but the QUALITY....there's shit alder and great alder....same with mahogany

All tonewood bow down to ash!! :D

+273846782346782346827346892736582735986293865928374.9

I still miss my Loomis sig.. :cry::cry::cry:

Now I just gotta get one in the new matte black color :headbang:

4482246089_874916008a.jpg

nothing wrong with basswood either, just like any other high quality wood, it has its own sound. In the case of basswood, a brighter, fizzier sound. When I think Basswood, I think, 80's hair metal tone.

Are these guys seriously this elitist, or really just that brain-dead fucking retarded?

I know a lot of you HATE SS members.. Want to know your opinion on the general bullshittery that spews from their mouthes on a daily basis.

Arguing with SS.org members is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win, THEY'RE TOO FUCKING RETARDED TO UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT.

Then call me a fucking retard cause I went off on those fucktards last week to the point of getting banned from the site ... hahahhaahhahahahaha

Fucking JJRodriguez man its like hes got an army of mexicans flying the AxeFx flag and no matter what you say or do, you could be talking about fucking burritos and it somehow warrants a post from JJ about his AxeFx.....lol

FUCK SS.org and their FanBoi bullshit ... fuck them in their silly asses!!

Unfortunately it's turned into a complete fanboi site. When I started posting there about 3 years ago it was big, but not so big you got swept away in a sea of pricks. Now it's full of kids, kids who are shouting over one another to get their opinion heard. But don't knock it for what it was man, it used to be fucking awesome, some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry post there (or used to, before it got too much). Just don't go near the recording studio forum if you're not a fan of Meshuggah/Periphery :lol: And yes, the gear snobbery is fucking retarded. There seems to be a set few trends (Blackmachine, Bareknuckle Pickups, Axe FX, Ibanez 7s, anti-EMG etc...) and it does get very tiresome.

I'm a member of SS.org, I don't play djent (I even quit my metal band in favour of session work), and although there are definately some simple-minded teenagers there, I think for the most part the people are really cool. The knowledgeable people are usually helpful, and the less knowledgeable tend to be pretty humble about it. Of course there are exceptions, there always are. But that's my impression, and I hang on that site very often and many of those members have become good friends of mine, some even pulling some sweet favours for me.

guitarguru777: You weren't banned for discussing gear or having a differing opinion than the majority. I do that all the time and I've never had so much as a warning on that site. It's easy to get along with people if you're nice, you know ;) What you did was, in response to a friendly joke, immediately called a long-time, well-respected member a fucking idiot and in the same post randomly started totally thrashing the Axe-Fx (or AxeFartX as you maturely liked to call it) which wasn't even really a part of the discussion until you brought it up, aswell as insulting everyone on the forum saying we were all fanboys and so on which obviously pissed people off too cause it's a generalization and it's simply not true. The rest of your posts were replaced by spam by you shortly after so I can't cite them (which must have been quite the effort, I must say, you've got ambition), all I can read now is people being shocked by your unprovoked reactions and saying you'll probably get banned. And they were right of course, people have been banned for much less on that site.

Just saying. Here's the thread, btw: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...und-this-for-tube-amp-and-axe-fx-users-2.html

Btw, a thread like this (just thrashing something and being a general 11-year old), would probably get one banned over there too.

I'm a member of SS.org, I don't play djent (I even quit my metal band in favour of session work), and although there are definately some simple-minded teenagers there, I think for the most part the people are really cool. The knowledgeable people are usually helpful, and the less knowledgeable tend to be pretty humble about it. Of course there are exceptions, there always are. But that's my impression, and I hang on that site very often and many of those members have become good friends of mine, some even pulling some sweet favours for me.

guitarguru777: You weren't banned for discussing gear or having a differing opinion than the majority. I do that all the time and I've never had so much as a warning on that site. It's easy to get along with people if you're nice, you know ;) What you did was, in response to a friendly joke, immediately called a long-time, well-respected member a fucking idiot and in the same post randomly started totally thrashing the Axe-Fx (or AxeFartX as you maturely liked to call it) which wasn't even really a part of the discussion until you brought it up, aswell as insulting everyone on the forum saying we were all fanboys and so on which obviously pissed people off too cause it's a generalization and it's simply not true. The rest of your posts were replaced by spam by you shortly after so I can't cite them (which must have been quite the effort, I must say, you've got ambition), all I can read now is people being shocked by your unprovoked reactions and saying you'll probably get banned. And they were right of course, people have been banned for much less on that site.

Just saying. Here's the thread, btw: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...und-this-for-tube-amp-and-axe-fx-users-2.html

Btw, a thread like this (just thrashing something and being a general 11-year old), would probably get one banned over there too.

Go back home.

And Guitarguru, son I am disappoint.

Go back home.

And Guitarguru, son I am disappoint.

I probably will, I'm just voicing an opinion here for now. I'm not here to insult this forum nor make generalizations about its members, as many of you are. In fact, even some dudes posting in this thread seem to have a cool attitude. I just find the thread a bit unwarranted.

Btw, JJ Rodriguez is canadian, not mexican. And I have no clue what Canada has to do with burritos, all I know is that he's a cool guy with a lot of gear experience and a fun sense of humour, which is why he's liked on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.