Seventh Wonder "Mercy Falls".....

i am fabio

Jan 26, 2006
Nor. Cal.
:OMG: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

This album is amazing! Finally received it yesterday and seriously considered calling in sick to work just so i could listen to it repeatedly. Album of the year for me after two listens. Anyone who loves prog metal must buy this album!

"Waiting in the Wings" was something special in itself. Now with this release they have launched themselves into my short list of favorite bands. I would love to see this band play BARfest 2009!

Anybody else hear it yet?

Still can't stop spinning this disc! I got it in an order last week with 8 other discs.....and the rest have barely made it out of the packaging. It's impossible to knock the urge to play "MF" again and again.

My only complaint would be the spoken parts that appear here and there to help the listener understand the story better (four times throughout i think). They just kind of distract me for a slight moment from the beauty that is "Mercy Falls". Even the song 'The Last Goodbye' despite the spoken parts is a beautiful piece. Every actual song on the album is far above average.

:worship: Vocally, Tommy Karevik delivers the goods! What more can i say.....he is AMAZING!!! Not to mention some of the coolest bass lines ever to be heard see the light of day in "MF". The guy just knows how to flow with that bass!

A couple of my current favorite tracks....all of them! Well honestly there are only two tracks that i would dare to skip over regularly when listening to the album, those being the intro song 'A New Beginning' and 'Back in Time', which is kind of a collection of sounds from the album ending in a small spoken part. 'Unbreakable' is my current favorite, and the rest is just pure awesomeness!!! :kickass:

I can't recommend this album enough to lover's of Progressive Metal at it's finest! The concept seems pretty cool as well, not sure if i fully understand all parts of it yet.....but there is much to discover with every additional listen, which is one real sign of a great album!

SW for BARfest 2009!!!!! :worship: