How you discovered Seventh Wonder?

I was living my life when suddenly a light shone down from the heavens. A pillar of light appeared in front of me and out of it came mercy falls. I took it in my hand dazzled by the event before me. Then I was embraced by the magic that is Seventh Wonder ^^.

Actually heard of them for their gig at SRF ( sweden rock festival ), and they had me from the first track!

I basically got to like Dream Theater last year (now my favourite band alongside Alter Bridge), then tried out more progressive metal. I found Symphony X and came to love that as well, and Seventh Wonder were a band with a similar crowd. Apart from Symphony X, there are few progressive metal bands that I've tried that I've actually come to really love. In fact Seventh Wonder is probably the only one.

Being a long time watcher of this forum I today feel for the first time the urge to contribute to the conversations of all you dedicated fans here. I discovered Seventh Wonder a few years ago on a random music website wich featured songclips from the forthcoming SW album Waiting in the wings and I was hooked like never before. I left a very positive comment in the guestbook of the bands website and I even got contacted by one of the guys saying "thanks" for my support and my warm words. Later this year I declared WITW for myself as the best album of the decade after spending hours and hours with it......crying...laughing...jumping around...beying petrified. After months (years?) of anticipation later I was holding the "special edition" of mercy falls in my sticky hands and after something like 25 listens I declared it as my personal favourite album of all time. Boy this was like the whole world crushed down and rebuilt itself next to me knowing that my former all-time-favourite was "Vital Signs" from Survivor and got released in 1984. I am telling all this to say a big thank you to Seventh Wonder for beying the greatest discovery I ever made in music and for hours and hours of making me really emotional listening to their tunes....you guys changed my live and you will always have a place in my heart for touching me like you do. May the future belong to you.

Michael

My first listen was when Glenn played the 2010 PP USA Lineup Video on Friday night at PP X in September, 2009. Woo hoo, just a minute of video and I went right out and got WITW and Mercy Falls and have been playing them a lot ever since. Ended up as a sponsor for the band when they came over last week and totally STOLE THE SHOW at ProgPower XI. Way to go, guys!