How you discovered Seventh Wonder?

I'm also curious as to who the primary songwriter for the band is, but given that SW's music is very bass driven, and Andreas' continued participation on the forums, i'm going to go with him. I'm sure it's a combined effort and everyone has their own share of involvement though.

The band's wikipedia entry states that Andreas, Johan, and Johnny formed SW out of the ashes of their previous band, of which i mustn't be familiar with.

One of my teachers gave me Become. First I didn´t like it, then I liked it really much, then i lost it (:rofl:) and then I found it again and got really stuck on it. Then I got WITW and couldn´t stop listen to it, so damn good album!

Back in 2006 I wrote for the webzine Digital Steel:

http://www.digital-steel.com/DS/index.php

So the editor Pim send me the promo of 'Waiting in the Wings'. I heard it and was really blown away.

You can read my review here:

http://www.digital-steel.com/DS/index.php?headpage=albumrevs&id=101

Since then I have been a fan and eagerly awaiting any new material from the band. Now I write for Aardschok magazine and I am trying to see if there is a promo available from the new album so I can review it for Aardschok. :)

Hey Hawk,

make sure you'll write that review......and get 'Mercy Falls' in de
"10 maal eremetaal".

To the none-dutchmen: Aardschok is THE metalmagazine in the Netherlands and the "10 maal eremetaal"-albums are the 10 best reviewed metalalbums of that month - they get a nice spot in the magazine so they get a lot of attention.

Hey Hawk,

make sure you'll write that review......and get 'Mercy Falls' in de
"10 maal eremetaal".

To the none-dutchmen: Aardschok is THE metalmagazine in the Netherlands and the "10 maal eremetaal"-albums are the 10 best reviewed metalalbums of that month - they get a nice spot in the magazine so they get a lot of attention.

Hey James, I wish I could get them in that catagory. They deserve it though. I must say that at Aardschok they are aware that this is an important release.

Most of the time when I review a "10 maal eremetaal" album I do not know it before I see the review printed in the mag. So I will have to wait and see what happens. Again; I hope that Seventh Wonder will make the "10 maal eremetaal".

A friend of mine gave me Waiting In The Wings because he knew is was music for me. He was right. I have never listen to a band that could touch me like this. I hear it all the time.

Other bands I like:
Shadow gallery
Sieges even
The Quest
Symphony X
Masterplan
Dimmur Borgir
Luca Lurrili
Labyrinth
Iron Fire
Blind Guardian
Dream Theater

A friend of mine gave me Waiting In The Wings because he knew is was music for me. He was right. I have never listen to a band that could touch me like this. I hear it all the time.

Other bands I like:
Shadow gallery
Sieges even
The Quest
Symphony X
Masterplan
Dimmur Borgir
Luca Lurrili
Labyrinth
Iron Fire
Blind Guardian
Dream Theater

Hi and welcome to the Seventh heaven:lol:

Some cool bands on your list. Iron Fire is also a band i like, got to see them live when they supported Kamelot in Copenhagen last year. A very good performance.."Raise the metal fist in the air":headbang:

@Hawk
I must say that at Aardschok they are aware that this is an important release.

That is a good thing to read, i really hope they will give it the attention that SW deserves.......a nice interview in which the concept of MF is explained a little will do the trick as well.

Btw, Jamesfan is just my name on some forums, my real name is Arjan.....(that sounds a little more like a dutch name).

@Hawk

That is a good thing to read, i really hope they will give it the attention that SW deserves.......a nice interview in which the concept of MF is explained a little will do the trick as well.

Btw, Jamesfan is just my name on some forums, my real name is Arjan.....(that sounds a little more like a dutch name).

Hello Arjan. Nice to meet you. :) My name is Henri, you can find me in the list of Aardschok editors. I suppose you will be there at Prog-Power. Let's meet up there.

Hey Henri,
you saw my post at the 'ProgPower-forum', right?!

For everyone else to know: Ghost Brigade canceled their show so there is an open spot for a new band. I made a new topic asking Rene, one of the organizers, if Seventh Wonder would be an option to concider.

I don't have a ticket for Prog-Power yet but i really do concider going on Sunday. I don't like all the bands but i do like Pathosray a lot. Threshold is also playing that night but i really like them with Mac in the band so....
But of course, if i go, let's meet indeed! :kickass:
I'll let you know.

There is still an open spot on Sunday so i'm still hoping for a...ehh 'Wonder' to happen :)
I think the whole program will be completed and announced very soon, we'll just have to wait and see.

Hi and welcome to the Seventh heaven:lol:

Some cool bands on your list. Iron Fire is also a band i like, got to see them live when they supported Kamelot in Copenhagen last year. A very good performance.."Raise the metal fist in the air":headbang:

Thanks Aran

The Drummer in Iron Fire is one of my friends.

Funny I saw them too in copenhagen when was playing with the GOD band KAMELOT they make your country proud.:headbang:

Says on the homepage that Andreas, Johan and Johnny formed Seventh Wonder after their previous band fell apart.
And lyrics is written by Tommy and Andreas the mercy falls booklet says :)
( at least on mercy falls, dont know about the other albums) :headbang:

A friend recommended me the band, but I have some memory problems(I can't remember things very well:erk:) so he told me, but I forgot, so like a week after i remembered something about a band someone had recomended me, so I looked for it in the chat log, and I found It:headbang:, Start downloading, and now, I'm waiting mercy falls to arrive:)

this band rox man!!!
it's incredible, i haven't been able to stop listening to them since I heard mercy falls:headbang:

I found Seventh Wonder a month or so ago from the MP.com forum. I started with WITW, and I instantly fell in love! At the MP.com forum, people couldn't stop gushing over Mercy Falls, so I couldn't stand it any longer and ordered a copy (I don't think the mp3's were available at Amazon at the time, so I had to wait!). MF has solidified SW as one of my all-time favorite bands: an amazing CD! I'm a huge progressive symphonic/metal fan, and you guys are simply one of the best out there!

I'm not a big forum person (only belong to two before now), but I felt compelled to join this one because of how much I have fallen in love with their music over the last month!