How you discovered Seventh Wonder?

Since then I have been a fan and eagerly awaiting any new material from the band. Now I write for Aardschok magazine and I am trying to see if there is a promo available from the new album so I can review it for Aardschok. :)

I have a subscription to Aardschok, MF got 93 points right?

I found Seventh Wonder a month or so ago from the MP.com forum. I started with WITW, and I instantly fell in love! At the MP.com forum, people couldn't stop gushing over Mercy Falls, so I couldn't stand it any longer and ordered a copy (I don't think the mp3's were available at Amazon at the time, so I had to wait!). MF has solidified SW as one of my all-time favorite bands: an amazing CD! I'm a huge progressive symphonic/metal fan, and you guys are simply one of the best out there!

I'm not a big forum person (only belong to two before now), but I felt compelled to join this one because of how much I have fallen in love with their music over the last month!

Some familiar people here... ;):headbang:

I can't recall. But I know I downloaded "Waiting In The Wings" and that I was pretty instersted in 'Star of David' wonder what was it about. I ended liking the album a lot, so I bought "Mercy Falls" without blinking which also is one of my favorite progressive albums of this year.

Other bands I like:
Shadow gallery
Sieges even
The Quest
Symphony X
Masterplan
Dimmur Borgir
Luca Lurrili
Labyrinth
Iron Fire
Blind Guardian
Dream Theater

Nice list. I think you might like Lost Horizon, a swedish power metal band. They did only release 2 albums before their killer singer quit. Man, what a voice. I would describe the music quite near Blind Guardian, much because of the singer, guitar harmonies and keyboards. Check them out at YouTube, some of their best songs are "Welcome Back", "Pure", "Think Not Forever", and "Cry of a Restless Soul".

BTW, I first heard of SW when checking out the bill for Sweden Rock Festival this summer. Being a huge fan of DT, I read the description and that they recently had released an album, thought that, hm... shouldn't Sweden Rock Magazine have a review of that one some editions back? Well, I found it, as well as Unbreakable on the sampler for that edition! I really liked, so I immediately downloaded the album from a famous torrent site that have a pirate ship as logo... a week later I have ordered it from CDON. Longing...

Found out about them, on some Metal site.

Nice list. I think you might like Lost Horizon, a swedish power metal band. They did only release 2 albums before their killer singer quit. Man, what a voice. I would describe the music quite near Blind Guardian, much because of the singer, guitar harmonies and keyboards. Check them out at YouTube, some of their best songs are "Welcome Back", "Pure", "Think Not Forever", and "Cry of a Restless Soul".

I believe they found a new singer, and are currently writing new material.

I reviewed Waiting in the Wings or Become (I really dont remeber:)), and I remember I liked it. It was not typical progmetal. There was this nice personal touch which made me bit interested about the band.
Actually I forgot Seventh Wonder for couple of years , but last summer I suddenly met Andreas here in Finland at wedding-party. We changed few words there. Later I read one of first reviews about Mercy Falls, got the promo, went mad about it, and did an interview to finnish metal magazine Inferno.
After that I saw SW first time live in Åland last december. Hopefully I´m going to see them alive again in Sweden Rock. And if everything goes good, there will be more to come, in many ways.:)

I picked up Waiting in the Wings in a used bin somewhere after hearing some rumblings about the band. As it would turn out, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." Lucky for me, I was on the latter half of the exchange and absolutely loved the album. Mercy Falls has been my most recent obsession and was once again left floored.

Many thanks to the band for such beautiful and high quality output! :kickass:

My dad had bought the DVD/CD pack version of 'Mercy Falls' so i thought i would watch it with him....and guess what?? LOVED IT!....:worship:
...Now i'm a bit obsessed and havent really stopped listening to them since (that was like a week ago)

I was on youtube looking for bands like Symphony X and Pagan's Mind when I clicked a link for "Not An Angel".
Funny, because that song is one that I hardly listen to by them, but Tommy's voice is what drew me in. I was hooked the instant he started singing.

Someone on COBOT told me about them I think.

Checked out Mercy Falls and instantly fell in love with it. Bought it ASAP

It's barely left the CD player in my car

Best prog metal album EVER! Hands down!