How you discovered Seventh Wonder?

I was surfing youtube for some special stuff from Circus Maximus and then there was one video about Tommy singing Welcome to Mercy Falls in the studio...I had had no clue about the band and anything but it was brutally impressive so I started to listen to some songs (still youtube) with my headphones and was blown away by the athmosphere and the melodies. I am going to order this last album.:worship:

Searching in the web for Swedish progressive bands like Circus Maximus. I listened "Mercy Falls" album first, and when I finished to listen, I ran for a couple of beers, I pushed play button again and I got drunk!!!

I just discovered Seventh Wonder when saw they were playing at Progpower next year. I checked out "Mercy Falls" and have been absolutely blown away by this album. I have not heard a concept album since "Operation Mindcrime" that was so well put together and have never heard a prog-metal album that was this consistently excellent through the entire album. So good!

I saw this ad for "prog metal band seeking vocalist" in some instrument store in Stockholm, many years ago. I had just started
singing some time before that - along with playing drums - just for fun, nothing serious. When I saw this band's influences, though - DT, SX - two of my favorite bands, I couldn't resist the urge. I met the guys, we went to a typical rehearsal space, and they started working their magic, showing some of their songs/riffs, Kyrt playing some DT solos flawlessly, and I thought "holy shit, I'm soooo not worthy!" I did my thing though, singing a couple of DT songs, and it led to one more meeting at Johan's place I seem to recall. This time we tried recording my vocals on "Day by day". First time ever recording for me...

Needless to say, I didn't get the gig ;) Also needless to say, I was elated just for having jammed with musicians on this level
when I was merely a happy amateur.

Since then, I've kind of kept the guys on my radar, but my interest in prog was fading in and out during the following years.
Then I heard Mercy Falls, and I thought "THIS is the singer they deserved all along". They won me over and of course Mercy Falls is now among my all-time favorite albums.

Tommy is an incredible singer. The rest of the guys I remember as really cool, down-to-earth, super-talented musicians (in the
sense of talent + unbelievable amounts of dedicated practice). I wonder if they'll recognize me if I catch them at a live
show some time... :)

... and that's my SW story!
/Niclas

When I am surfing the net, I usually open up Youtube and listen to music. I saw these guys listed in the sidebar so I clicked on Welcome to Mercy Falls and was blown away. Really, really impressive.

I first got into contact when people on the Progpower Europe forum started recommending them to René for the festival. However I didn't give them much of a listen till they got announced as one of the first bands to play at Progpower 2009. As many of you I started off on youtube and after just a few listens ordered WITW and Mercy Falls right off the bat. I was hooked right from the start.

After seeing them live at Progpower EU earlier this month, I'm more of a fan than ever. Hanging out with the guys at the afterparty and having loads of fun with Kyrt at the castle. I last saw them when they were waiting (and had been waiting for 40 minutes already) for their cab to the airport. I hope you guys made it back in time for the flight!

I heard "A New Beginning through Welcome To Mercy Falls" (first three MF songs mixed into one long track) playing on Epic Rock Radio shortly after the release of Mercy Falls. The song just kept getting more and more amazing, I couldn't believe how outstanding and epic this band sounded! I've been a huge fan ever since, they're definitely one of my favorite bands of all time, along with Dream Theater. To help spread the word about Seventh Wonder, I invited all 400+ of my facebook friends at the time to join the Seventh Wonder fan group, along with a message that explained how they absolutely NEEDED to listen to this band :p

Epic Rock Radio played one of your songs, but I didn't get hooked on it at first. A few weeks after that, I saw one of your songs from Mercy Falls in the recommendation list on YouTube. And the rest is history... :D

I was listening to Progulus internet radio and someone selected Taint the Sky. I was instantly hooked. What a great band! Mercy Falls is incredible and I just can't want to see what SW has in store for number four.

Someone brought me a copy of "Mercy Falls" but it left few weeks without listening. While once listened I was blown away and very impressed with Seventh Wonder music. I've bought MF immediately and shortly after I've bought blindly "Waiting In The Wings" just having seen "Taint The Sky" song on YouTube.

What's interesting, I like also 2 bands related to Seventh Wonder some ways: Vindictiv and Silent Call. It seems that there are many great melodic progmetal bands in Sweden.

Like most of the people I found SW with "Mercy Falls". The biggest internet metal media in Finland (Imperiumi.net) reviewed the album 10/10 and compared it to "Operation: Mindcrime". Just had to check what it was about.

Too bad I was abroad when they visited here last time so I have not seen them live yet but that is finally going to chance! As their last album being a very tight peace that I always listen from beginning to an end I am very curious to see how those songs come out live as individual tracks.

I was looking for a completely different song, but found Star of David...and what can I say...the quote
"my pretty dancer tell me are you alone, inside your makeup, and the mask you're wearing slowly tearing you apart" caught my attention, and I then started listening to the rest of their songs...and they are absolutely awesome :headbang:

First heard of them looking at vids of CM. Then I saw on Symphony X forums that their album Mercy Falls was a very good concept album so I gave the guys a chance...and I'm happy I did!

Met up with a friend around town, he just sticked his headphones on my head and said "Listen to this, it's awesome". I think it was Welcome to Mercy Falls, but whatever it was, I loved it.

Can't exactly remember if it was in the Symphony X forum, or in some random manga forum (yeah I know:err:) - at any rate, someone told me to listen to Taint The Sky. Suffice it to say, I was absolutely blown away.:wave:

sometime in mid-2007 , i wasn't prog stuff fan, but i also had a buddy who was, he introduced me Dream Theater, Symphony X , Circus Maximus and Seventh Wonder.

i've started with Mercy Falls albun here , than i got waiting in the wings.

:OMG:

awesome, just that, from those bands i cited above...SW turned into my favourite even tho i only starded to hear this kind of music in 2008.

i wish someday i could see those 4 bands sharing a festival , perhapes if i won in lotto someday i'll invite those bands to a festival , untill that i keep dreaming :loco:

From another site. I heard about Mercy Falls and fell in love with the band, especially the singer. What a voice!!!