Seventh Wonder - New album update

As promised, here's the new Seventh Wonder video for “Inner Enemy”:

Last edited by a moderator:
His voice sounds great like usual. However the music video itself isn't the best, not my cup of tea.
Musically, the song is extremely catchy and fun, can't wait to hear the whole album as a whole.

They've been slowly moving more towards the melodic side of prog for the last few albums, and this is no exception. I really like what I heard and will be interested in hearing it in the context of the album whenever its released. I was very curious to hear how the last 18 months with Kamelot would affect Tommy's writing and vocal lines and if there was going to be any carryover into SW. It appears the two bands are totally separate, at least with this tune there isn't a hint of Silverthorn to be found. This was full of his unique delivery and phrasing. That said, I'd still like to see these guys just let it rip and go heavy as hell sometime but I'll still be happy with an album of the quality I just heard as well.

Also, I know Kamelot has an established "sound" that rarely strays from the core, but they'd benefit from letting Tommy go wild on a couple of songs and write some vocal lines in this style. I bashed them initially for making him sound like their previous singer and actually dressing him up like Khan, but I eventually came to realize that regardless of the similarities, forced or not, the album was pretty darn badass and this guy is maybe the best in the industry. IS the new SW looking at a 2014 release? I've never heard about a hard or soft date.

...IS the new SW looking at a 2014 release? I've never heard about a hard or soft date....

Well, previously the aim was to release it this year.
However, the recording of the live DVD (entire 'Mercy Falls' album - at PP USA) and its release will be the main focus at the moment.
After that, recording/finishing the new album will be priority (again). No hard or soft date(s) have been announced though.

Well, it's been a little while since the last update but, after signing with Frontiers in early May, the (working)pace has increased and now there's some concrete news regarding the live DVD/album AND the new album!

Here's Andreas' last update (17/06/16):
"I now have, on my computer, the masters for the live show! Sounds and looks amazing!

Oh, and you know what? We managed to sneak in a new studio song too.
It might be just happen to be the sequel to another song we released on its own.... And it might happen to be close to 10 minutes of prog-delight (and those two songs might together tell the story of things to come).....

Getting ready to release all of the above, and in not too long we'll hit the studio - get ready for much more in the future to come!

//Andreas B."

Reactions: Kez and Mardoch
Fantastic news, everyone: the recordings have officially begun!

Stefan said the following (last week):
"We are recording the next album RIGHT NOW! I laid down the drum tracks for three songs this week and the vibe is great! Pics and vids coming!"

And, as promised, today he posted this:
"Here´s a little clip I put together from the first couple of days of drum recordings. Hope ya like it!"

Reactions: Kez
For the ones interested, here are a couple of updates regarding SW's new studio album.

Two more videos from Stefan's drumrecordings:

And here's some (new) information as well, taken from an interview Andreas recently (09/08) did:

- The style/sound of the new album is 'Waiting In The Wings'-ish, but with a different feeling because of Stefan's drumming/influence (don't worry though, the typical Seventh Wonder 'formula' will remain)! .
- Stefan is done with the drums, Kyrrrt is 4-5 songs in, and Andreas will start recording bass in a couple of days (15/08: bass recordings already have begun).
- Tommy will start recording vocals in early fall.
- The new album will probably be mixed in November, with HOPEFULLY a release in January.
- 'Inner Enemy' and 'The Promise' (bonus studio songs from the soon to be released live DVD/CD "Welcome to Atlanta - Live 2014") will not be on the new album!

Last edited:
Andreas posted a new message and video as well!

Check it out here:

Andreas:
"Hey, Hey!
A little message and some music from the SW5-recordings.
//AndreasB
P.s.
As always, I talk too much - the music starts at 1:20!

Here's a little update (01/01/17) from Andreas regarding the recording of the new album:
"....We are well under way and have virtually most instrument tracking done.
A few more tracks to go, some leads and then all vocals (and mixing, mastering and artwork) - then we're done!
I promise you a great album and some other album-related updates soon!...."

Reactions: Mardoch and Kez
Here's another (bigger) update from Andreas regarding the recordings of the new album:

"Hey friends!
I am sure you must be wondering what's going on. Here are a few updates:
As you probably saw the other day Johan posted that all the rhythm guitars are done, and that is a big milestone.
The other instruments have been done a while, except the leads for the keys.
Tommy has again been out and about, not to mention the Ayreon-record and being on tour with Kamelot. When he gets back him and me are going to finalize the lyrics before we start recording the vocals.
Tommy has worked through most of the vocal melodies and we have been trying to find the best feel for each song and making sure they fit what they are trying to tell.

Meanwhile we are working on tons of great artwork concept with the multi-talented Johan Larsson and our good friend Oyvind from Withem is working on getting the best sound we can get.

We are always trying to push ourselves a bit with each new record, trying something new while staying true to our formula. This time we did something really cool that I am happy to share with you. Stefan brought out the congas and bongo drums and went all percussion on us for a Tommy-penned track that I believe is going to turn out great.

I'll share a few snippets from the bass recordings for that track with you, just to give you an idea of the feel of the song. It is definitely a new thing for us!
For those of you who might be fellow bass players out there I have to confess this was some of the most difficult stuff I have ever been forced to do with huge jumps and string-skipping from hell. It is a great challenge to venture into new musical landscapes and by pushing yourslef you always grow.

Don't give up on us - there is one hell of an album on the way, I promise!

//AndreasB"

Here's the video Andreas is talking about:

Reactions: Kez and Mardoch