Seventh Wonder - New album update

Thanks, KingsGene!

That's (indeed) the whole idea behind these updates.
I know quite a few people over here are looking forward to hearing some updated SW-news!

It's been more than 6 years since 'The Great Escape' was released, but now the wait is almost over!!

Thanks, KingsGene!

I know quite a few people over here are looking forward to hearing some updated SW-news!

It's been more than 6 years since 'The Great Escape' was released, but now the wait is almost over!!
Holy crap that album is older than my daughter.

My mind just got boggled. I gotta go hit up Move on Through to pass the feeling of "old" now.

Thanks, KingsGene!

I'll echo the thanks for the update!! Looking forward to what I'm sure will be a solid contender for album of the year for many people, self included!!

No new music/video this time, but today Stefan posted a great update on SW's FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/seventhwonderofficial/ ) :

"Hey friends…

Thought I´d share some unique outsider/insider thoughts here since you guys and I have this in common: none of us performed on any of the previous SW albums! In other words, the part of me that is a huge SW fan is awaiting the next record just as eagerly as you are. What we do not have in common, however, is that I now know the title of the new album, I have seen the artwork, I have heard all the music and as of last night, I have heard the first complete song (which I also know the title of!!). Mixed, with vocals! Yup!:)

Let me tell you this: As pleased as I am with my drum parts, the brilliant level of musicianship from my brothers in the band is completely unreal! And Tommy´s vocals are so god damn good it will literally blow your mind! I couldn´t sleep last night, I just listened to it over and over and over ´til my wife had to stop me.. hahaha..

That being said, brace yourselves, people, ´cuz SW5 is thundering towards you and it will be out of this world (…almost literally…;)

/Stefan"

Reactions: Kez
Yes! The time has come to share with you some fantastic news!

SEVENTH WONDER is back with their fifth studio album, titled ‘Tiara’.
The new album is now in the final stages of mixing, and it is being mixed at Lionheart Studio in Oslo, Norway by Oyvind Voldmo Larsen (who also mixed “Inner Enemy” and “The Promise”).

It is the first studio album to feature Stefan Norgren on drums, and in two weeks the album will be passed on to Jens Bogren of Fascination studios for mastering. Jens has previously worked on albums by Symphony X, Katatonia, Opeth and James LaBrie.

The 13 tracks of this concept album will visit some new sonic spaces for Seventh Wonder, while staying true to their form.
After the mastering, the finished album will be delivered to Frontiers Records for a world wide release.

“We’ve watched you since the dawn of time,
with every moment gone by.
A million suns fade and die,
this is the end?”

Beware, for they’re coming….!
#Tiara

Reactions: Kez and Mardoch
First teaser video is up.

I'm really psyched about this. Everything from the album art to the short snippets of music they have released to the fact is a concept album scream that they are trying to recapture the magic of Mercy Falls.

Mercy Falls is one of my favourite albums. I don't mind the seven year wait if they release something even half as good as that.
Don't get me wrong - Waiting in the Wings and The Great Escape are also good, but not on the same level.

Reactions: Kazar and Mardoch
Nice. The only song I liked from The Great Escape was King of Whitewater (don't worry, I'll crucify myself after I post this) but this is interesting and I'll keep an ear out for it. 8]

Having been a fan of Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, and Dali's Dilemma, seven years seems completely reasonable.......... :rolleyes:
Yup I've been there waiting for the two former bands you've stated. Seven years? No problem! :D

Finally - this is the cd I am looking forward to the most. Can't wait for this one. Tommy will have a big year with both Seventh Wonder and Kamelot releasing material within a couple of months of each other. I LIKE IT!!!