Shaaman Disbands

Braxil said:
I can confirm that Matos & co. did play saturday night!

S5301589.jpg

S5301580.jpg

The setlist was:
Distant Thunder - Shaaman
Nothing to Say - Angra
Fairy Tale - Shaaman
Carry On - Angra

and two Viper songs, the person who got me this info isn't familiar enough with Viper to know. :( It's a good bet that one was Living for the Night though. Also no word on who was drumming.

EDIT: A bunch more pics! http://musica.uol.com.br/album/andre_matos_album.jhtm You can see the drummer, I have no clue who it is.

You forgot to mention the new song Andre played from his Solo Project. Also, Hugo Mariutti (ex Shaaman guitarist) said in an interview after the show that both him and Luis Mariutti plan to still play with Andre Matos in his solo band IF HE DOESNT FIRE THEM. LOL

Most likely Living for the Night and Soldiers of Sunrise.

I will double check on that though. Have many friends that attended the fest.

AngraRULES said:
You forgot to mention the new song Andre played from his Solo Project. Also, Hugo Mariutti (ex Shaaman guitarist) said in an interview after the show that both him and Luis Mariutti plan to still play with Andre Matos in his solo band IF HE DOESNT FIRE THEM. LOL

Haha. Did they really say that? I'm curious to know what kind of relationship they have..friends, or a boss worker thing?

Braxil said:
I can confirm that Matos & co. did play saturday night!

S5301589.jpg

S5301580.jpg

The setlist was:
Distant Thunder - Shaaman
Nothing to Say - Angra
Fairy Tale - Shaaman
Carry On - Angra

and two Viper songs, the person who got me this info isn't familiar enough with Viper to know. :( It's a good bet that one was Living for the Night though. Also no word on who was drumming.

EDIT: A bunch more pics! http://musica.uol.com.br/album/andre_matos_album.jhtm You can see the drummer, I have no clue who it is.

Hey man!:) This rocks! Thanks for letting us know!:) MAN I hope he gets his band together as quick as he got the website up and running, so he can play at ProgPower...please Glenn?

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but Ricardo just posted that he's looking for three new members to reform Shaaman. Is he totally nuts?

No, I think it's awesome that he's trying to do that. Hopefully he can find good musicians in order to carry on with the band.

Should I send in a demo just in case?

As long as he can make albums like the first one. Absolutely loved that one. Never got into the 2nd one so much. I've never really been able to get into Angra either.

Rumor has it the singer for this band is going to be none other than the brother of the infamous Falasquito. Is the Falaschi family the official source for Matos replacements or something?

Rumor has it the singer for this band is going to be none other than the brother of the infamous Falasquito. Is the Falaschi family the official source for Matos replacements or something?

Yes. Apparently some other member of Karma supposedly is on this band as well. I have the other two names that are rumoured to be on it, but honestly can't remember at this moment. When I get home I'll post them.

Yes. Apparently some other member of Karma supposedly is on this band as well. I have the other two names that are rumoured to be on it, but honestly can't remember at this moment. When I get home I'll post them.

I heard something about the guy from Aquaria stepping in for the bass. He's AMAZING! I saw a video on myspace and was like wtf? I'll post it if I find it again. Anybody knows the dude's name?

EDIT: Fernando Giovannetti, and he's also in THE SUPREMACY. I posted a thread about these guys a while ago. He's the new bassist in Shaaman, from what I heard.

I heard something about the guy from Aquaria stepping in for the bass. He's AMAZING! I saw a video on myspace and was like wtf? I'll post it if I find it again. Anybody knows the dude's name?

EDIT: Fernando Giovannetti, and he's also in THE SUPREMACY. I posted a thread about these guys a while ago. He's the new bassist in Shaaman, from what I heard.

Vitor on vocals, and Fernando on bass both from Aquaria would rule actually now that I think about it. I could be wrong, but aren't both of them Brazillian as well?