Share Collage Tastes

I'm not sure how a redpilled intellectual could unironically think that Louder Than Hell is actually good. It's one of the most vapid metal albums that I've heard.

Reactions: CiG
Heart of Steel through Pleasure Slave is such a terrible run of songs. The good songs are really good, though.

Limited to one album per band, save Black Sabbath, who get one for the Ozzie era and one of the Dio era. Not strictly ranked in order, but generally speaking, the higher up, the better.
topsters2_2.jpg

Love that you have Gontyna Kry's Welowie on there. Barely ever see that mentioned anywhere these days.

it almost made mine. i wish there was more of it 'cause it's close to the ideal BM sound for me; they basically took the NWOBHM and made it sound like an ancient artefact of some other world beyond our knowledge. i'm gontyna kry just thinking about it.

Reactions: Slayed Necros
it almost made mine. i wish there was more of it 'cause it's close to the ideal BM sound for me; they basically took the NWOBHM and made it sound like an ancient artefact of some other world beyond our knowledge. i'm gontyna kry just thinking about it.

Great description of what makes that album special. Unfortunately, none of their full-lengths are on par, though they’re solid enough. But that demo is just magical.

View attachment 13807

Slayed was right 100 isn't enough.

Hi and I don't want to suck your peen or anything, but this is an interesting collage. It shows you know entire discographies as you chose strange picks from each of the bands. I will have to revisit some of the albums now. Like, choosing Metal over Crystal Logic made me realized I heard Metal like once. Also, chosing For Victory over anything older? Ok.

I personally think that the Scald album is overrated but I have it on CD too.

@Onder Pretty much nobody seems to give a shit about Metal. For some reason it just really struck a chord with me the moment I heard it.

Bolt Thrower really just depends on the week you ask me, they're a top 5 band for me so it's all just perfect. For Honour has been a consistent favourite since crimmy did his Bolt Thrower Poll though.

Lately Mercenary has been threatening to usurp the throne though tbh.

Reactions: Onder
I was pretty enamored with Metal when I first heard it but I've cooled on it a little. It's a great album just in terms of spirit and sound, but the songwriting is a bit lackluster. Take Queen of the Black Coast for instance, it starts out so fucking great, the guitar sound is literally the greatest thing in world history, and that soaring "SCOOOOOOURGE OF THE WEEEST COOOOAAAAAST" bit is so sweet, but toward the end the song just devolves into repeating the stupidest fucking chorus over and over. The album is just full of missteps like that imo, I could never rank it as high as you do.

Left off some obvious classics in favor of newer favorites for the sake of breaking up the ol' list-making monotony. Either way I probably listen to stuff like Colored Sands, Sinister Ceremonies, and Nothing but the Whole just as much as, if not more than, I listen to Obscura, Altars of Madness, and ... uh, whatever the hell I can compare to Emptiness' mindfuck of an album. Plus I have a bias for music that came out around the turn of the millennium.

topsters2.jpg

Reactions: Slayed Necros