Share your 2017 Listens.

I exclusively listen to youtube streams.

But yeah, CDs and vinyls but mainly bandcamp streams and full youtube albums because I usually listen to music while driving.

collage.php

Stopped using LastFM a couple years ago but I still keep rough track of my most-listened stuff. Something like...

Carly Rae Jepsen - E MO TION - yaaaaaas queen slaaaayyyy, not leaving my commute playlist anytime soon

Creepmime - Chiaroscuro - I think I like this more than their first album, they kind of leave doom/death proper behind but explore new melodic and weird territory that half-scratches my Dark Millennium itch

Crying - Beyond The Fleeting Gales - musically-involved indie pop that goes so far it pretty much sounds like some kind of Toto/Van Halen fusion with a twee singer that can't really sing, great hooks and songs regardless

Inquisitor - Walpurgis Sabbath Of Lust - these guys escaped my notice until this year, really intense death/thrashing stuff although tbh I'm starting to tire of it already, 50 minutes is way too long for this

Jose Veselý - Earth Luck - the frontman of !TOOH! writing an album of super weird and fucked up electronic music, personal favorite discovery this year (and ironically I happened upon his solo stuff without even looking him up, I think he just resonates with me on some fundamental level or something)

Mamoru Has Been Cursed! Soundtrack - funky fun shmup soundtrack, kawaii

Metal Stoker Neo Hardboiled Shooting Soundtrack - vintage TurboGrafx-16 stuff, this one has a fairly bizarre soundfont and spunky, busier-than-usual arrangements that keep drawing me back over the hundreds of various Japanese vidya soundtracks I've been listening to

Morlok Von Grimorog - Flippity Fuckity Doo - proggy over-the-top USPM, somewhere between Helstar, Slauter Xstroyes, and Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, but really juvenile and retarded yet not really affected by that, sounds nearly tailor-made to my preferences

Sabbat - Karisma - thanks whoever it was that posted one of these songs in the mixtape game, I've finally seen the light

Saber Tiger - Timystery - 90s heavy/power metal with a slight prog lean, fantastic singer and a nice balance of groove and melody

Testament - The New Order - been pulling this one out a lot lately for the commute as well, I still don't love it as much as I did the first year or two I discovered them, but it's probably as close as ever right now

とろ美 [Toromi] - トロヅクシ - despite visiting weeb-y corners of the internet for some time I didn't really acknowledge the existence of this 'denpa' thing until this year, a genre apparently built on somewhat amateur and kitschy electronic arrangements with cute daughterfus singing, this is the one I've listened to the most, putting aside...

でんぱ組.inc - DEMPA.inc - I don't know if this really counts as denpa considering it's far more professionally arranged and features a full touring band and doesn't really sound like any of the other artists labeled as such, but whatever, super fun and awesome pop songs throughout, closest thing threatening to dethrone Carly

Reactions: CiG
Your car doesn't have a CD player?

Well, yes, but the thing is fucked and it won't eject the current CD that is in there. Fortunately, the CD that is lodged forever in it is Cianide's "The Dying Truth" and unfortunately the CD that is lodged forever in it is Cianide's "The Dying Truth"

So I got this blu tooth adapter that works amazingly. I can even watch 1080p BangBros videos while driving.

So I got this blu tooth adapter that works amazingly. I can even watch 1080p BangBros videos while driving.
What kind is it? I need something for my Audi as I'm sick to death of listening to the same cd's all the time in it and I can't be fucked lugging more in and out of the car.

not proud of the In Flames shit, but I've written a few reviews of their albums so that's understandable. shit, I'm explaining myself...Guilty pleasure
collage.php

For a second there I thought WAIF had come back when I saw OP's avatar.

only 4 metal albums in the top 25. i think a lot of that has to do with me having to work midnight shifts once a month and i hardly ever listen to metal during those times

collage.php