shock rock

YMIR

Scaldic Art
Jan 11, 2002
Nederland
Visit site
Okay, now we have discussed who listen to bands where the musicians are racist, nazi or something I will start this thread.

Yesterday I talked with a friend about Marilyn Mansson. He told me about a friend of him who saw a concert of Mansson in Sweden and saw who mansson throw 4 cats to all the people!!!Then he wait till the cats died by the fans and play another song. he also do this with with young dogs, chickens etc. This made me really angry and I was wondering if you care about this things in music. Because this reasen I don't listen to his music and certainly not buy his albums.

I know there are more bands who this things but I don't know the names but do you listen to this kind of bands??

If there's any truth in this... the damn dude should be executed or something :mad:

I don't listen to shit like that, as far as I know. I like beautiful
music. Lyrics must have a meaning to make u feel a certain way,
or to enlighten/express something... it can be about anything to
me, as long as they're not out to 'get' someone etc. But then
there's the political abusion shit.

I know this is the case with a lot of the black metal I have (die
christianity stuff)... but I kinda have a special relation to it.
It doesn't bother me. I'm no christian, and I don't like religion, but
I'm not gonna hate it that way. I admit I dislike more a lot of the
people enforcing their religion... mispractice if u will..
..eh... where was I.... yes...

Opinions are good, but this over-the-edge hate is insane.

Damn, I really had no point here?!?, just writing.. anyhow, BOO Manson!

If there's any truth in this... the damn dude should be executed or something
Yeah, it IS true. And... Alice Cooper did this kind of things too in hte beginning, with birds, Ozzy with a fleder mouse (is that the word?) :(

I think the word you're looking for is 'bat'.

Anyways, what I meant to say, is that this kind of behaviour is
stupid, horrible and has nothing at all to do with music. It's
cruelty to animals and should be dealt with the same way it's
usually enforced, if not stricter. I hate it when people do that.

DIE MANSON!! (and all other bands who do this) ;)

Originally posted by YMIR

Yeah, it IS true. And... Alice Cooper did this kind of things too in hte beginning, with birds, Ozzy with a fleder mouse (is that the word?) :(

the correct word is bat! een fleder muis bedoel je, denk ik!;)
i heard a story where ozzy bit off the head of a dove! i don't get it why people torture and kill animals just for show!
and mansons "music" is shit anyway!

The bat ordeal was a mistake, as far as I know..

...and about Manson... I thought those were just rumours.
ponder.gif

Anyway, there are bands who use animals for their shows and i think that's awful! If they really want to shock people why don't they just hurt themselves and see if they like it... it just makes me angry
screama.gif

I certainly hope this Manson story is simply loose rumours... I actually like the guy's music, 'least some of it, and this is not good.
Oh well.

Anyhow... I agree with the Ice Queen, they should rather hurt themselves. Then they're likely to be too pussy to do so on stage.
And Ymir, yes, as said I listen to Manson, of course I listen to Ozzy (and people who won't... hirr...), and Alice is just... well, let me quote a certain mr. Wayne. "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

As I have said before, the music is what matters to me.

the dove thing happened when ozzy started his career I think and it wasn't in a concert,it was in a meeting with some producers and stuff

a lot of years ago I went to a manson concert(yes I know I suck) and he didn't do stuff like that but I wouldn't be surprised if he did because that guy is an idiot and I wouldn't be surprised if the fans killed the kitty as well because his fans suck too

Originally posted by YMIR

Ozzy did it with a bat once, and it was because Ozzy did it with plastic/rubber bats before. And some guy knocked a real bat out and threw it on stage. Ozzy didn't know, but he did it. And the dove thing he also did. I don't know why, but I think it was stupid of him. But I like both Ozzy and Manson for the music, and not what they do with animals.

@Vanir: That's still not cool.

@Soulburner: Well, Manson does that stuff. During his tour of Antichrist Superstar... He masturbated on stage. And during Mechanical Animals tour, he got a three-legged dog up on stage. And kicked it around. It was really a sad story. But I like him for his music, not for the stupid things he does.

When I hear about the stuff u tell, DWD, I really have a big problem
following master Chuck's advice: "Support music, not rumours"

That's a fucking nasty thing to do to a living creature :cry:

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
And during Mechanical Animals tour, he got a three-legged dog up on stage. And kicked it around. It was really a sad story.

Oh my god! That actually brought me into tears! :'o(
This makes me so sad! Not only does the animal miss
a leg, which is reason enough for me to cry, but all
the loud music must make it scared, then a huge freak
comes kicking it around! Think about all the feelings it
has?! It must be SO scared! Oh my god! I want to die!