shock rock

well I never expected to find manson fans here so I was generalizing,but at least 70% of his fans suck as much as he does.
in my opinion of course

Hmmm, why does Manson do this? Just to be different, extreme? Whatever he tried to be, to me he just fails in achieving anything, if he wants to...

Haven't bothered to find out much about him so far, but what you all told, I think of him as someone disguting.

Originally posted by Soulburner

Alice Cooper never did such things. I'm too lazy to search for the old magazine with his bio but as far as I remember there was only one incident when somebody from the audience threw chicken on stage... Don't remember what happened next though...

About Ozzy... Hehe, funny story... He used to 'decapitate' plastic bats on stage but some joker put one real bat (dead) among others... Ozyy was too drunk and eaten bat's head... Both things has nothing to do with harming animals in my opinion...

And about Manson... I can hardly believe this really happened... Are you sure that your friend understood everything propertly when his friend told him about that? and are you sure you undestood him? :)

btw, I've never really liked Manson's songs (except for "The Nobodies" :)) so it's not "fan defending his idol" sutuation :lol:

The incident with the chicken only happened because Alice (claimed in a TV interview) that coming from a large city, he knew nothing about 'farm animals'. Seeing as it had wings, he thought if he threw it up in the air, it would just fly away. But it didn't. It fell into the (already insane) audience, where it got trampled to death.

Everyone already knows the truth behind the Ozzy stuff.

And as for Manson...even though I don't like him (the music) I wouldn't go as far as to say the rumours are true. They said the same things...(exactly the same) about both Ozzy and A.C. Stuff like "Ozzy threw kittens and puppies into the crowd and wouldn't start the show until the crowd killed them. It's all a load of B.S. that people make up to get a reaction out of ppl. I'm not saying it doesn't happen though. For example at a Death Metal concert (in Toronto I believe) some lame-ass guy (from a local band??) strangled a kitten to death with a rope, then played the rest of the show with the dead kitten hanging around his neck..

Ppl like that really serve no purpose on earth.

I would not believe those rumours about Manson, he is a very hated guy and thats why those rumors come up. And even if it was true (which is see very unlikely) I don't see the meaning of "executing" him, I guess you are better than him then, no? :rolleyes:

i don't strangle animals at least! so i think i'm "better" than him! except you regard this as something good! this reminds me of a monty python sketch:"and what are your hobbies beside sumarizing?" "it's strangling animals, golf and masturbating!"
for anyone who knows!:) :D :) :D

Originally posted by Lutz
I would not believe those rumours about Manson, he is a very hated guy and thats why those rumors come up. And even if it was true (which is see very unlikely) I don't see the meaning of "executing" him, I guess you are better than him then, no? :rolleyes:
That's right, I remember there was a site completely devoted to rumours about him and those mentioned in this thread were included... I'm sure he makes up most of them himself

Originally posted by Soulburner

Alice Cooper never did such things. I'm too lazy to search for the old magazine with his bio but as far as I remember there was only one incident when somebody from the audience threw chicken on stage... Don't remember what happened next though...

I saw an interview where he said that he just stared at the chicken for a while not knowing what to do with it and then tossed it back to the audience, who tore it apart. Next day the newspapers said that "Alice Cooper killed a chicken onstage" or something. He said in the interview that he was already going to deny that, but someone (Frank Zappa maybe...) called and said that those kind of rumors are great publicity or something...

Edit: and I see Rune Fairy already answered this..... :oops:

W.A.S.P. talked about something like having a pig slaughtered on each gig of the KillFuckDie-tour.... I don't know if they did it though.

About Alice Cooper, when he start as a musician he had no succes. It was because his show was not 'real' or something. Then he start to kill birds and had succes. I read it in a rock encyclopedy so I thought it was true.

@Fleischwolf: bat = vleermuis;)

ANYONE who can idolise someone like that is more ignorant than he is. I don't mind a few of his songs but I want nothing at all to do with HIM. Makes me think you know.............did Sami Lopakka write "Luxury of a Grave" with this fool in mind? If not, he should have done because it's very fitting.
Marilyn Manson is just a media whore - a trend poser. I hope something very bad happens to him for the way he treats animals.

hehe, weet ik niet, jij hebt geen lessen nederlands gevolgt, toch? er zitten wel eens wat spelfouten in jou nederlandse zinnen maar het is toch wel gaaf dat je er toch zo goed van afkomt. Nederlands is geen gemakkelijke taal, dacht ik. You are very good in languages, isn't it??

bedankt! nee, ik heb geen lessen gevolgt, ik heb het alleen uit een boek en door oevenen geleert! nederlands is geen gemakkelijke taal, maar voor een duitstaalige wel, omdat het erg gelijksoortig is! maar de duitse gramatik is helemaal moelijker dan de nederlandse! ik weet wel, dat mijn nederlands niet perfect is, maar ik zal beter woorden!
i'm very much interested in languages, but i don't know if i' really good in it!:) :D :) :D

Bats = good. :D

I don't like Manson's music; it seems insincere to me. His image is way too gimmicky too. My best friend likes him (but is not an obsessed fan) and doesn't mind me making fun of Manson. :)

Funny enough, i saw something on TV once about marilyn manson - he has 2 dogs, boxers I think - and he sends them to a dog day care each day. If he treats other animls cruelly then he should not be allowed to be a father to those 2 dogs.
he's one sick fucker that's for sure, but the hell of it is that he's an educated man and speaks intelligently in interviews. I don't know what his deal is......but his gimmick is old. He needs a new agenda.

personally I think its just a gimmick, I mean in interviews and things hes a really laid back type guy, or seems to be anyway. His music is terrible, his gimick is silly, and I think shock rock is lame now a days...

so the final lesson? Dont do drugs while operating heavy machinery :confused: :)