News (Vintersorg not related)

will do astarte, muchos gracias. Im gonna buy The Sham Mirrors just cause I like the cover :D (eh thats gainst my musical morals but what the hay hehe) :

I liked some arcturus songs....but well it's not my cup of tea...
I must confess I listened when growlings were just begining to be welcomed sooooooo I guess I should give them one another try!!! I didn't like Borknagar then and now I love them...well their first cd is horrible to me though :p

depends, my spanish friend (even though you like to insult me :p ).. La Masquerade Infernale has the amazingly beautiful, deep operatic vocals of mr. Garm ( *sigh* ). You probably heard songs from Aspera...

Aah i love first Borknagar where the vocals too belong to Garm... not everyone can love him, i guess ;)

Aah i love first Borknagar where the vocals too belong to Garm... not everyone can love him, i guess

I like his vocals. Okay they are a bit apart, Kveldssanger van Ulver is great. It sounds pretty original with his vocals!!!:D

Since no one else seems to be about to, I'll go right ahead and call Arcturus' La Masquerade Infernale one of the best albums to ever come out of Norway.
There are so many things to like about it: the originality, the high level of musicianship, the lyrics, the fact that all songs kick ass etc.

This is highly recommended to everyone into Solefald, Borknagar and the likes. Everyone should check it out though...

Originally posted by Onde Erik
Since no one else seems to be about to, I'll go right ahead and call Arcturus' La Masquerade Infernale one of the best albums to ever come out of Norway.
There are so many things to like about it: the originality, the high level of musicianship, the lyrics, the fact that all songs kick ass etc.

This is highly recommended to everyone into Solefald, Borknagar and the likes. Everyone should check it out though...

I completely agree..... :D
come on you people!!! get to listen to it.....download samples,listen to it and get amazed and then buy or even steal it :lol:
it's one of my super extra ultra hyper über very greatly bloody favourite records :hotjump:
too sad i have it on vinyl and i can't rip a couple of songs for some non-believer (*cough cough* you know who you are :D ) to listen to....
but then again..i'm so happy i have it one vinyl...itäs definitely my most well preserved vinyl...i fell in love with it ever since i bought it (a couple of months after it came out)
listened to it twice today...It is definitely one of the albums i will listen and listen until i die..... :D

Okay, do you know of they have a homepage???
Maybe I can find there more about this band so I can can first read about this band. My computer download stuff like mp3's very slow so I must download it somewhere else but you have convince me!!:) :)

ooh,i've just discovered this on the jesterrecords website

" ARCTURUS [website N/A] [artist playlist N/A] • From their prodigous origins as classically engendered synthesized rock/metal to vaudeville/cabaret tinged progressive rock conceptuals on to a myriad of deformations into jazz, trip hop, synthpop, experimental/AI electronics, jungle, etc. - Arcturus run the gamut as gracefully as acclaimed purists in the respective fields. "
well i guess then there is no official website anymore....

Wow, I am listening to Arcturus rigt now. I have never heard this kind of music but it sounds apart. I like it anyway, they are very creative.
:)

If someone find more music, please tell it me. :)

I hope Thyrfing will hurry getting their asses up and the new album OUT :mad: ;) Read the studio news on their page? Some weeks ago they were searching for scrap metal. Now, if that doesn't turn out well.... ;)

And, haven't heard Arcturus yet, but your praise makes me look for some... :lol: