Signatures

Yes, latin is quite difficult for english speakers, it's a bit easier for italians 'cause some words are similar, "mea culpa" would be "mia colpa".

:err: i'm in the mood to change my sig.....*going to write something..* ;)

Maestri was an Italian mountain climber. He claimed to be the first man to climb Cerro Torre, an surreal rock spire poking out of the Patagonian Icecap, one of the most inhospitable place on Earth. This spire's top is reached from every side via more than 1 km high steep rock faces.

http://www.interpatagonia.com/elchalten/fotos_i.html

He did it almost 40 years ago, but this climb is still hotly debated by the climbing community, simply because Maestri has no evidence that he reached the top. His partner died on the descent, and the line they supposedly climbed is so ahead of his time (and still todays as well...) that no wonder people did not believed it.
Anyway, first or not, he DID climbed Cerro Torre later as well, showing such endurance by defeating high winds, subzero temperatures and common doubts.
His saying is that of my signature. It is not arrogance, but a very simlple way of seeing climbing and life in general.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life." - J.R.R. Tolkien

That one is from LotR if someone didn't know that. I agree with that.

Hmm... I don't feel drunk...

That one is from Memento, fucking great movie. I'm most of time drunk but sometimes I feel that I'm not even if I am... Fuck, I cannot explain (maybe 'cause I'm too drunk), inside joke, maybe.

Well...my signature is from a Hagalaz runedance song how s.o probartly noticed...just saw the lines and liked them.But i tend to change my signature often...Btw i like Pauls signature...sounds a bit like Nietzsche *hihi*

"HE WHO FAIL'S TO PLANT A TREE... SHALL GO COFFINLESS TO THE GRAVE"-an ancient Chinese proverb.

There is also a christian ( :yuk: :D ) sentence of Martin Luther that says:"If i know that tomorrow the world perishes,I would plant an apple-tree today."
Quite good sentence eh :)

Originally posted by SonOfAbyss
Fleischwolf~~~Your sig is cool as hell.

well, i changed it, my new one is from empyrium, from the song "heimwärts", it says:
"barren, dark land,
totaly silent, vast, unknown
you're the source of various legends,
but tonight you shall only guide my coach"!

not great of a translation, but hope you get the point!

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
well, i changed it, my new one is from empyrium, from the song "heimwärts", it says:
"barren, dark land,
totaly silent, vast, unknown
you're the source of various legends,
but tonight you shall only guide my coach"!

not great of a translation, but hope you get the point!

Cool!!!:) Didn't recognize it.
That is wonderful poetry.
I know minuscule amount of German, thank's for translating.

Love the Hurdy Gurdy in songs.

My sig is from a Norwegian, socalled trøndercountry, band called Sie Gubba. It's about partying your head off on friday and saturday and spending the rest of the week recovering and looking forward to the coming weekend :) Got tired of all these too-serious signatures, you know;)

I might as well translate mine....as Torgoth asked me...

We wont heal from living,
we will die...
Life, it's like shits
and so it stinks
odors of messed emotions
smells of madness, headache
swallow what I tell you, shut up
accept your mediocrity
crawl in your infect shit
which are your life
swallow the forfeiture
that invades your insignificant being
and let the contradictions
of the dominant way liberate you
The end to my illness: choke...
between the quarrels of my mind

That was it, though the quality of the words in which I have translated it is far lesser than the original in french. I might get more bad rep for having translated this piece of crap now