Signatures

YMIR

Scaldic Art
Jan 11, 2002
Nederland
Visit site
We have a tread about avatars and nicks. I couldn't find one about signatures so I start one.
The mine is from a lyric of Vintersorg. It's the first song I ever heard of him. I like the parts where he sings this. I don't know what it exactly means but I love nature very much and I think the lyric goes about that. btw can anyone give me a translation????:)

The first quote in my signature is a quote from Symphony X.

And the second, well, that is just something that is true. I tried to relate it to what Iced Earth has on the back of one of their shirts, which says: "Fuck Posers". And since I don't really like to swear, well, that explains why I have that quote the way I do.

Sculptured - a Song to Fall on Deaf Ears.
Great song... at least the first 2 minutes. After that, the remaining 3 are alright.

Oh yeah, and the link is for a website a friend of mine runs. Pretty much a metal discography site. We also do a couple reviews, but not too many.

Mine is taken from Liber al vel Legis (The Book of the Law) by Aleister Crowley, it's also one of the most important laws of Thelema.

I just started studying it, so i don't know much about it, but that quote made me pay attention to it... where the hell can i get a master?! :cry:

Well, my signature is the truth... :D
It is from one of my lyrics, and the story behind it is quite long, but it is about trying to get rid of the addiction that is life...

anyways

@YMIR... The translation would be somewhat like "the son of the wilderness - the nature philosopher about who is written poetry"... I know it sounds horrible, but I really can´t translate it any better... anyone else care to give it a try? Well, you get the meaning of it tho...
And... Well... It is translated Omskaldad, not with the U...:)

-phyros

Originally posted by Morgana
Astarte this is THE pagan's law, BUT there is something missing! You can do what you like as long as you do no harm to someone else!!! Very important!!!
Exactly :)

@YMIR... The translation would be somewhat like "the son of the wilderness - the nature philosopher about who is written poetry"... I know it sounds horrible, but I really can´t translate it any better... anyone else care to give it a try? Well, you get the meaning of it tho...
Well, I like that. It gives a good discription of Vintersorg, don't you think?

And... Well... It is translated Omskaldad, not with the U...
Oh, I will change it. Stupid me!
:( :lol:

Mine is currently just spam, inspired by Mark's request 2 weeks ago for more money (need more bandwidth...). I noticed the thread was getting very few views, so I thought I'd try and generate some interest.

It will return shortly to what it was before: Doom or be doomed. A line that Lief Edling (Candlemass god) is fond of saying. I'm a doomster, so it seems appropriate. :doom:

Originally posted by Morgana
this is THE pagan's law, BUT there is something missing! You can do what you like as long as you do no harm to someone else!!! Very important!!!

It differs on paganism among which people. In some places, doing evil rituals to affect someone is justifiable if the person has severely wronged you in some way.

Not that it is right or fair to always do so, since the definition of "justifiable" is open to interpretation, and it is unfair if the victim has no knowledge of ways to defend himself or herself.

I used to have a David Gray lyric as a signature... but I got bored and turned it off... before, I used to have a quote from the movie "Dracula"...

I'm now looking for a new signature...

mine is from In the woods... "Vanish in the absence of Virtue"
I love this line :)
so i chose to use as a signature...hmm let's say as some kind of dedication to some person i find very special :)
whether he has ever seen it or not is another story ;)

mine is actully taken from the inscription(?) of a ring...
the first line is in latin, and the second is the first line in english.. or to the , it is anyways.. I think? :)
and well, i like it very much! have had it since I jound up at UM, dont think that many here have done that :)
but anyways, for me it means that there are things existing that is more powerfull then god, but well I dont belive in god so.... :)

Mine is my view on life >:eek:P
Sometimes we have to slow down and just
face reality... Hehe... And it fits underneath
my posts cause we shouldn't take
everything so seriously. Which is ironic
cause I always do.... Just live everything to
the fullest... Uhm wait! -->
Life's a bitch and then you die! >:eek:P