Shoes

My two cents:

I've been struggling with sciatica the past few months and one of the symptoms is pain on the bottom of my left foot. Also can't sit in a chair for very long so I've been on my feet a lot.

My travelling go-to shoes have been Keen utility kitchen worker shoes and they've been the most comfortable pair I own for standing at the office most of the day recently. Look like black sneakers but they're well padded and waterproof.

If you havin foot problems I feel bad for you son

Somebody shoot me for suggesting this but Crocs make the most comfortable shoes ever. I wear them to work where I have a standing desk most of the day and I have no problems.
They even have ones that look like normal shoes now (well, loafers) so you dont have to wear the ugly bright colored holey monstrosities that the original Crocs were and risk getting fashion-punched.
They are basically like wearing anti-fatigue mats on your feet, which is what you want when standing forever.

Crocs, because prog fans weren't dorky enough already. :lol:

These come highly recommended.

clownboot11111.jpg

hehe I know some people that would like these

springy+shoes.jpg

:devil:

That looks like the perfect solution! It would help when the tall guy stands in front of you too. Give a few more inches of height, but if there is something you really want to see you can just spring into the air. I seriously have wondered if there were shoes with like an inch or two of foam.

It probably doesn't help that I have wide and flat feet. Maybe I need to have someone that knows something about shoes help me find the right fit.

Guy

It's not so much the shoes, but the insoles that make the difference.

I know some people have used those customized Dr. Scholls inserts you can buy at Wal-Mart.

I have extremely flat feet that hurt if I stand for long periods of time in one spot. I've worn prescription insoles called Foot Levelers for several years now, and they really help.

You have to get them from either a chiropractor or a podiatrist. They are NOT cheap, but they are so worth it!

http://www.footlevelers.com/

I suffer from plantar fasciitis in both feet and have custom insoles which helps out tremendously, but I don't stand on the floor just because I know my feet will give out at some point.