Should Anathema relocate to Scandinavia?

well thats a current problem, no matter what shit music u make, if u come from skandinavia labels will love u... look at the big labels nowadays, how many bands come from skandinavia and how many from other countries?

Its so hard for German or even Austrian bands to get a big deal, maybe just Pungent Stench made it, in Germany there are some more, cause there are the old Bands like Blind Guardian, but the newer ones... hm... Dew Scented at Nuclear Blast oke... and Suidakra at Century Media... oke... and then?

is it all about your katatonia-phobia again or what? ;) or effect of the opeth-effect?

Anathema should relocate to France so they'll be devoured by music business and end up as homeless people, sleepin' under bridges and that .

DragonLady1 said:
well thats a current problem, no matter what shit music u make, if u come from skandinavia labels will love u... look at the big labels nowadays, how many bands come from skandinavia and how many from other countries?

Its so hard for German or even Austrian bands to get a big deal, maybe just Pungent Stench made it, in Germany there are some more, cause there are the old Bands like Blind Guardian, but the newer ones... hm... Dew Scented at Nuclear Blast oke... and Suidakra at Century Media... oke... and then?

Why do you think it is like this? I dont get it like

we had this band from our label to play at the Tuska festival and everyone acclaimed it specially the foreign journalists.Was the 1st time a french band made it and yeah, everyone liked it and enjoyed it except 2 french journalists from Hard rock magazine who just didn t gave a shit and didn t even bother watching the gig:Smug:
i worked on a festival this year with a proper line up, i reckon really a good line up for at least a decent metal fan and not more than 1200 people in the 2 days bothered moving them arses to watch it.I'd bet if it was the same festival in germany or lets say in belgium way more people would have been there.
fuck french metal scene, i dont really get it o_O
i think im gonna work for french variety crap in the future at least i'll have maybe the impression i do things for something worthy and not for lazy arses :yell:

oh well not sure it was on topic this but Dragonlady i think there's worst than austria on this ground :loco:
try' to beat france on that ! :D

Lenore said:
we had this band from our label to play at the Tuska festival and everyone acclaimed it specially the foreign journalists.Was the 1st time a french band made it and yeah, everyone liked it and enjoyed it except 2 french journalists from Hard rock magazine who just didn t gave a shit and didn t even bother watching the gig:Smug:

Yeah, Burgul Torkhain!!! :headbang: Saw them at Rotonde, it was fuckin' ace!!! Oh, and quit Hard rock mag, it's really shit since the redaction team moved to create ROCK HARD France, which is my current each month's bible!!!

Lenore said:
i worked on a festival this year with a proper line up, i reckon really a good line up for at least a decent metal fan and not more than 1200 people in the 2 days bothered moving them arses to watch it.I'd bet if it was the same festival in germany or lets say in belgium way more people would have been there.
fuck french metal scene, i dont really get it o_O
i think im gonna work for french variety crap in the future at least i'll have maybe the impression i do things for something worthy and not for lazy arses :yell:

oh well not sure it was on topic this but Dragonlady i think there's worst than austria on this ground :loco:
try' to beat france on that ! :D

Are you talking about Rotonde? hat a bill there! it was amazing, and so less people... :ill: I would be ashamed as a french metalhead, they are always whining about the lack of shows... and when a great festival happened, nobody move his ass... what's that shit???

Oh, and the metal scene in belgium is very active (i mean the underground), but there are too much of great unsigned acts... I mean, the only two"big" bands in Belgium are ABORTED & ANCIENT RITES...

Thortyir said:
Yeah, Burgul Torkhain!!! !:headbang: Saw them at Rotonde, it was fuckin' ace!!! Oh, and quit Hard rock mag, it's really shit since the redaction team moved to create ROCK HARD France, which is my current each month's bible!!!...

oh well no need to quit it since i never read it hehe i dont like metal enough hehehe but well, was just for the example...:Smug:

Thortyir said:
Are you talking about Rotonde? hat a bill there! it was amazing, and so less people... :ill: I would be ashamed as a french metalhead, they are always whining about the lack of shows... and when a great festival happened, nobody move his ass... what's that shit???...

Yeah this is it Tortue, people whine but wont do anything against it... oh i heard it somewhere else before. Oh yeah, it's proper human being :erk:

This is a French metal fan hiding so he doesnt have to go to Rotonde

billbrent2.jpg