What anathema should i get next?

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I only have judgement... And it is muy suave. What anathema album should I pick up next that doesn't strafe to far away from the sound of judgement? :hotjump:

i dunno though, if it wasn't for the vocals, melodically that album is not that far away from the last one. its just how it was done at the time. i could imagine a totally different type of singing on that album, a less guitar orientated approach, and there it is, not so different. anyway thats what we did then.

pagan2002 said:
i dunno though, if it wasn't for the vocals, melodically that album is not that far away from the last one. its just how it was done at the time. i could imagine a totally different type of singing on that album, a less guitar orientated approach, and there it is, not so different. anyway thats what we did then.
okay, so i read what you wrote and then went and had a listen - i can see where you are coming from actually. id like to hear you singing J'ai Fait Une Promesse, myself like - but i'll leave that one up to you ;)

Serenades and The Crestfallen are both brilliant. I really don't think that anyone should simply view that album as an evolutionary stepping stone alone, but rather as a window through time. After all, an album is a collective work of several individuals, containing snapshots, if you will, of the state of mind and spirit of the composer at that time. To me, that album holds as much validity as A Natural Disaster. Or maybe I am just high.