Should Anathema relocate to Scandinavia?

true, that why i quoted more underground bands, they are of better quality than those who are know most.
Though No Return and Dagoba for instance can kick the ass of many international bands !

I like Anorexia Nervosa, have all their LPs. Couldn't care less if they're Nazis. I have all Burzum albums too. I'm personally not a Nazi, and listening to music I like ain't gonna change that...

DragonLady1 said:
well I get some promos from french labels, but most of the stuff quite sucks... I guess the last french thing that was really excellent was Furia, I really enjoyed that one, also because of the french lyrics!

maybe there are some other great bands but I dont get them here :( I would be very interested in knowing more about french metal :)

oke, there is of course NO RETURN!!!! they rule :hotjump:

for power metal Nightmare isnt too bad as well, not my style but good band!

HEre's the label i work at www.thundering-records.com maybe you'll find something interesting in our bands. Can't say a lot as i'm not a metal fan but i reckon there's some good ones, such as Anthemon, The Silent Agony, Spherical Minds, Kristendom and Burgul Thorkain which is the band wha played at the Tuska festival.
Well tell me what u think about it if u ever give it a listen.

Oh and i forgot about Dying Tears. We received the 1st press of their 2nd album lately and it's a belter ( out around september if i recall well )

Yeah, that's true, metalheads are mostly rich young people... Metal is no more a "rebellion music", but only a trend for some people... You know, metal is my way of life (even if I listen to everything, from Trip-hop to Black metal), and I'm a bit sad seeing the shows full of posers with spikes and baggies pants...
But from Thursday, I'll be off for WACKEN (http://www.wacken.com), the true anti-posers festival!!! !:headbang: 700 kms, hope it's worth the trip...[

??? ANTI-POSER ??? Well it actually is the ultimate poser festival. I travelled to Wacken the last 2 years. 2001 was great, because there were much bands that weren´t True-Metal-Poser-Bands. But 2002 sucked. So that Wacken lost all there sponsors and reputation. Never saw so many stinky Manowar-Fans on a festival. The majority of the Wacken-Fans only travel there to get drunk. I think there are cheaper ways of getting drunk, especially when you don´t want to be tortured by bands like DORO :puke:

Strangelight said:
Camoflauge or Mexican Radio?

It was "The Big Heat", featuring Camouflage, and his best track just after, Twisted or something, rock. Like a bee buzzing in a jar.

Thortyir said:
Are you serious? Never heard about that... :erk: Anyway, I'm a BURZUM fan, so... :D Ideas don't matter if the music is great and the lyrics are "neutral"... :yell:

Their singer has a OI side project with lyrics such as ' Kill the bougnoules ' or whatever so boycott ... because i think the music is crap too. The difference is that Burzum's stuff is interesting despite his mentality

Light said:
I like Anorexia Nervosa, have all their LPs. Couldn't care less if they're Nazis. I have all Burzum albums too. I'm personally not a Nazi, and listening to music I like ain't gonna change that...

Same as for Thortyir, the difference is that Burzum made good stuff and I don't like A.N, their singer being a nazi doesn't help ...
I agree i can listen to good music even if the author's opinion is ... questionable.
cheers

no way i will never listen to music with such twisted minds making it. can be the best music ever i wouldn t mind burning them cd's - rrhahaAAaaaaa

If Anathema should relocate to Scandinavia, they should do a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark at Ungdomshuset where I had the pleasure of seeing them for the very first time in 1993 (I think!). A very strange venue for a band like Anathema, but it was a cool concert, eventhough I felt asleep when Solstice played. And our shouting for "The Sweet Suffering" didn't help anything either :yell: !

Lenore said:
Oh and i forgot about Dying Tears. We received the 1st press of their 2nd album lately and it's a belter ( out around september if i recall well )

i dreamt of the bass player from dying queers last night. i was at a festival and he kept fucking things up cause he was jealous so at some point i found out it was him and i shouted 'hes steak-knife!' and we all ran after him and stoned him but he had special powers and we couldnt harm him. then i woke up.