Should Anathema relocate to Scandinavia?

Lenore said:
oh well no need to quit it since i never read it hehe i dont like metal enough hehehe but well, was just for the example...:Smug:

Right, but they are really crap! ;)

Lenore said:
Yeah this is it Tortue, people whine but wont do anything against it... oh i heard it somewhere else before. Oh yeah, it's proper human being :erk:

I'm not human, that's why I was in Hirson both days... :D Well, I don't understand why more ppl didn't came there... The weather was beautiful, the bands were great, the organisation was perfect... I don't know... :ill:

Strangelight said:
This is a French metal fan hiding so he doesnt have to go to Rotonde

billbrent2.jpg

what if i plant some trees around the rotonde place next year then i'll put some metalheads-traps and it'll be crowded

Strangelight said:
am I right in saying that, over the last ten years, metal fans are mostly rich kids now? possibly rebelling against posh parents?

i reckon its more a gotchick stuff but it could be, yeah

Thortyir said:
NiceR one!!! ;) There were deadly kebabs at Rotonde, I took at least 2 kilos over the weekend... :D

next year it'll be called the "greasy festival" :Spin:
and we will count people in kilos like, not in number and the fest will be a winner haha

Yeah, that's true, metalheads are mostly rich young people... Metal is no more a "rebellion music", but only a trend for some people... You know, metal is my way of life (even if I listen to everything, from Trip-hop to Black metal), and I'm a bit sad seeing the shows full of posers with spikes and baggies pants...
But from Thursday, I'll be off for WACKEN (http://www.wacken.com), the true anti-posers festival!!! :headbang: 700 kms, hope it's worth the trip...

Face it, The French metal scene basically sucks.

1/ There are very few good bands ( but some amazing ones too, fans of Fear Factory first era,Meshuggah,Nostromo,Soulfly and in a way Slipknot, check DAGOBA www.dagobaonline.com, they've released the album FF should have released after Demanufacture, they are Slipknot, if Slipknot was a good band :D, no seriously it's very powerful, almost brutal cyber-power metal ( :lol:) with nice melodies here and there. And the production is awesome
2/ The mentality makes me wanna :puke:
3/ we're only gonna die ... from our arrogance

well I get some promos from french labels, but most of the stuff quite sucks... I guess the last french thing that was really excellent was Furia, I really enjoyed that one, also because of the french lyrics!

maybe there are some other great bands but I dont get them here :( I would be very interested in knowing more about french metal :)

oke, there is of course NO RETURN!!!! they rule :hotjump:

for power metal Nightmare isnt too bad as well, not my style but good band!

DragonLady1 said:
well I get some promos from french labels, but most of the stuff quite sucks... I guess the last french thing that was really excellent was Furia, I really enjoyed that one, also because of the french lyrics!

maybe there are some other great bands but I dont get them here :( I would be very interested in knowing more about french metal :)

oke, there is of course NO RETURN!!!! they rule :hotjump:

for power metal Nightmare isnt too bad as well, not my style but good band!

Ok for good french bands ( all different styles ) check :

Dagoba - www.dagobaonline.com
Carnival In Coal - look on google ;)
The Old Dead Tree - www.theolddeadtree.com
The Last Embrace - www.thelastembrace.com
Dissectomy - www.dissectomy.fr.st
Fat Society - www.fatsociety.fr.st
The ARRS - www.the-arrs.fr.st
Fate & Inhatred - www.lecommando.com
and of course ...
Drifting Breed - www.driftingbreed.com :D

Let's begin with that, what are your favourite styles Dragonlady ?

the french metal scene heh? middle class posh gets arrogant wankers, or daft narrow minded meffs, altho the posh gets are more numerous. i can hardly think about a talented metal french band, maybe anthemon and the old dead tree. maybe ill start paying attention to the others when theyll bother checking them grammar mistakes in the lyrics like.

metal should be forbidden in western countries, just keep it to the meffy ones, poland, turkey and that. that would spare us bands like iced earth.

You're kinda exagerating mate ... but it's true most French metal bands sucks. And TODT has grammar mistakes in the booklet .. doesn't prevent them from being great

but i used to and i still like good metal records. but i mean, compare misanthrope or amartia or penumbra to lets say dark tranquility or katatonia or therion. compare loudblast to coroner or slayer. sad isnt it?