Should Fredrik use the slide during the lead in The Drapery Falls?

Should Fredrik use the slide during the Drapery Falls lead?

• Yes

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 39.3%

• Total voters

ndSinister

Metalist
May 2, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Hi guys,
I've watched Opeth 3 times this year and in each time they played "The Drapery Falls". The two last times Fredrik used a SLIDE during the lead when the vocals start and to be honest I don't like it at all.. it sounds so out of tune and very much country like... I think it completely ruins the lead in this riff.

What do u think guys?

**Just to clarify I admire Fredrik, he's a great guitar player. :) you rule Fred!!

Here's a video clip from the gig I've been to this month where you can hear the slide:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vivören;7535247 said:
E-bow.

You're a failure. A Finnish failure. The worst kind.

idiot, E-Bow is something else and he's not using it here

this is one type of a Slide. Fredrik uses a metal one:

this is an E-Bow:

now who's the failure? u retard

Haha everyone point at Vivören and laugh.

I haven't heard it with a slide, so I can't say. I will vote if they play it in Malmo on Friday!

I have a video clip from this month gig that they had here in Finland where u can see and hear Fredrik using the slide. I will upload it shortly so people can say their opinion even though they haven't watched it performed live yet.

do they even use the ebow live? it sounds nice enough without a slide

they do use the E-Bow mate, and luckily I have an example to show u:
this is taken one year ago from a festival in Finland. the first gig with Fredrik where they played Blackwater Park and Fredrik used the E-Bow. You can hear the E-Bow in the acoustic break.

enjoy. it sounded great! :D

exactly what I think about it mate... all of my friends think it totally screws the riff.

I'm very curious to see how many people don't like it... maybe if the majority don't like it Mike/Fredrik will take it to their consideration (hopefully)

LOL Who really gives a fuck? It sounds better with the slide anyway. You guys are acting like it ruins the whole fucking song.

sounds fine with slide. bigger things to worry bout like ARE THEY GONNA PLAY HESSIAN PEEL LIVE IN THE US TOUR???? Im thinkin bout that and i hope they do.

Man those E-Bows look awesome. That's something I've been trying to get out of my guitar (that sort of violin-like extremely sustained note). It looks like I found the secret...

Opeth uses the E-bow a lot and it would be great if they would use it live, which they don't as far as a know.

The Drapery Falls sounds great live.