Should Opeth take inspiration from Amon Amath?

Should They Try it?

• Yes

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • chronology shows are better

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Oct 23, 2006
Québec City, Québec, Canada
Recently Amon Amarth decided to play some special shows. 4 nights...the first four album. All songs gonna be played...all shows recorded. I like that idea and I think Opeth is band that should try special stuff like that. Chronology shows were great but imagine this! Orchid, Morningrise, MAYH, Still Life. At The same time it would be a nice ocassion for Opeth to shut the mouth of all those who are asking for Black Rose Immortal or full rendition of Still Life. Could be like: «Ok here it is for the first and the last time ever, so shut the...».

Opeth simply refuse BRI live.... a 20 minute song really does cut into a set list... but for some reason they just won't. I don't ever think I'll hear them play BRI no matter how many times I scream and beg Mikael to play it whilst standing in queue for a new autograph I won't receive because the line is just too damn long...

I wish I was at Bochum and I'll buy the DVD even though I already have 6 AA concert vids hahaha. I'd love to see Opeth do something like this. Still Life would be amazing live. I have a Chrono shirt btw...

Don't really understand lots of people's obsession with hearing BRI live... its one of my least favourite Opeth songs and has pretty bad structuring and flow. Still Life or MAYH played whole would be incredable.

Actually hearing any of the albums complete would be incredable...

I disagree with that remark about BRI , but concur with hearing a complete WATERSHED set. That would at least quell the wanting for hearing it live out of my system.

*phew* When I saw the headline I thought you were going to suggest that they should start to write lyrics about vikings and the norse gods, drink mjöd from cow horns on stage and wear LARP-style leather outfits.

Listening to older tracks now with Per has been really exciting, a new light to the tracks. I think if they gave this a shot and added little nuances here and there (like the additional solo at the end of Hope Leaves) they can really pull off something special.

I'm not a huge BRI fan myself, but I think they could slightly redo it and make it all the better. Kind of a fun challenge, actually.

Them doing this is a bit of a long shot though...

The problem with BRI was never the length. Mike stated that he doesn't remember how to play it, I think. At least, not the whole thing.

The problem with BRI was never the length. Mike stated that he doesn't remember how to play it, I think. At least, not the whole thing.

I'm sure Mike could relearn it, considering he wrote it. But the fact is that it's such a disjointed song, I dont think they'd want to learn it unless they majorly redid it.