Should women give men flowers?

Is it okay to give a man flowers?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Maybe if they happen to fall into your hand while you're with them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What are you, gay?

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Susperia

Mar 8, 2004
United States
There seems to be a lot of controversy on this subject. So, would you guys be appreciative if a woman bought you some flowers?

I think it's a really nice gesture, as long as the flowers are not overtly feminine. Something big and kind of exotic and different I think is best. Not your generic Stop and Shop Tulips. However, even a nice red rose I think is okay to give to a man.

I got Sean some big, really bright orange gerber daisies and to me they do not scream feminity at all, they're just a plant and I think women should be more into giving men flowers too because men deserve flowers too.

More masculine flowers:
34744_ENV

main.php

main.php

23482095.jpg

Gerber daisies

I imagine it depends on the man. I find it wasteful, in a sense, and would rather receive a more useful gift specific to my personality. I will give flowers to a woman when it's something I know would make her happy, but I'd opt for something more enduring, if possible.

I wouldn't want to concern myself with caring for flowers (besides the lovely stink blossoms), but I won't deny plants are awesome. Cacti, bonsai trees, a pineapple bush! now that'd be nice

is it okay? yeah...but how many guys would really appreciate it? how many girls really appreciate it for that matter?

I wouldn't want to concern myself with caring for flowers (besides the lovely stink blossoms), but I won't deny plants are awesome. Cacti, bonsai trees, a pineapple bush! now that'd be nice

yeah that's more like it, something harder to kill :lol:

It's not a matter of whether it's "okay" in some sort of general sense. The question is if flowers are something the particular guy would LIKE to be given. If they are, then go right ahead. But getting someone a gift that they have no desire to receive isn't much of a gift.

Speaking for myself, I'd say "huh? What the hell am I supposed to do with these? Can I eat them? No? Uhh.....thanks." I think most guys just wouldn't get any value out of them. That's also a big reason we don't give 'em too much, because we don't truly understand what value you womenfolk get out of them. As a sex, we're just too darn practical.

Neil