Should women give men flowers?

Is it okay to give a man flowers?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Maybe if they happen to fall into your hand while you're with them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What are you, gay?

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread sucks. However, the gentlemanly thing to do is put the flower, if it is of appropriate size, in the lapel of your jacket.

I think giving "flowers" (regardless of gender) is fucking dumb. Here, I'm giving you a dead plant. Watch it rot and decay like our feelings for each other!?

Plants on the other hand, they're kickass presents. I like plants.

LOL you guys are so fucking angsty....

First of all, I did say that it wouldn't be the same thing as giving them to a woman.....And I don't see why a potted flower is so different from a cut one? It's still flowers. Why is it that if it's potted it's cool but if it's cut it's not? Seems you guys are more concerned with the stigma of Hallmarkyness than anything.

Btw, he really liked the flowers and just put them in a coffee mug with some water. You don't need a vase. =P
And men don't have to react to flowers the way women do. They don't have to sniff them and stare off "dreamily" into space. The flowers I got didn't really have a scent.....certainly not a flowery one. Just that slight plant smell Because I knew he wouldn't be sitting there sniffing them anyway.

And to man as robot, who said giving flowers was impersonal: :lol: You are 13 aren't you.

I still stick by my original opinion that it's okay to give a man flowers. As long as he's not as immature and angst ridden as man as robot.

And one more thing------Flowers aren't impractical. They, like potted plants, clean the air. And indoor air pollution is currently one of the worst kinds of air pollution and the one we are constantly exposed to. How's that for practicality. They're also beautiful. And beauty is needed whether some of us try to deny that or not.

And I don't see why a potted flower is so different from a cut one?

Because a cut one rots in about 5 days and looks like shit. A potted one sticks around for quite a long time unless the guy you give it to is an unreliable dipshit.

And to man as robot, who said giving flowers was impersonal: :lol: You are 13 aren't you.

Ummm... I dunno, how about the fact that its the most stereotypical cheesy bullshit ever? How about using some originality for a chance.

Holy gravy on my Nutsack Watson!!! What a crazy Idea! It might just work!

If we're angsty, you women are unoriginal and bland. Like the idea of giving flowers. You take your pick.

LOL you guys are so fucking angsty....

First of all, I did say that it wouldn't be the same thing as giving them to a woman.....And I don't see why a potted flower is so different from a cut one? It's still flowers. Why is it that if it's potted it's cool but if it's cut it's not? Seems you guys are more concerned with the stigma of Hallmarkyness than anything.

Btw, he really liked the flowers and just put them in a coffee mug with some water. You don't need a vase. =P
And men don't have to react to flowers the way women do. They don't have to sniff them and stare off "dreamily" into space. The flowers I got didn't really have a scent.....certainly not a flowery one. Just that slight plant smell Because I knew he wouldn't be sitting there sniffing them anyway.

I still stick by my original opinion that it's okay to give a man flowers. As long as he's not as immature and angst ridden as man as robot.

And one more thing------Flowers aren't impractical. They, like potted plants, clean the air. And indoor air pollution is currently one of the worst kinds of air pollution and the one we are constantly exposed to. How's that for practicality. They're also beautiful. And beauty is needed whether some of us try to deny that or not.

^ hey, that's cool about the coffee mug!
It's a personal thing I guess.... really depends on the relationship and the guy
that is involve in it...
Now that I think about it... I think I gave a guy a cactus once.....
wow, that was a long time ago.

Not liking flowers though, has nothing to do with immaturity....

Because a cut one rots in about 5 days and looks like shit. A potted one sticks around for quite a long time unless the guy you give it to is an unreliable dipshit.

I guess I get this from my mother...But I love the look of dead flowers. That's both her and my favorite thing about having cut flowers in the house. The way they transform. The only bad thing is the water stinks and you have to keep changing the water. But then after they're dead they don't need the water anymore, you can just keep them in the vase for a while dried.

I love plants in general. We have potted ones in almost every room of the house. And I garden occasionally. :cool: This year I think i'm going to have a little herb garden.

Do you guys think it would be nice to give a guy a bouquet of fresh herbs, and then when they dry he can use them on food?

depends if he likes to cook. Does he? Who cares what people think, buy something the guy will fucking like. Is it that hard to comprehend.

And yes, dried out plants look great. Fair enough. If thats why you want the flowers, fine. I'm pretty sure most women throw them out when they start to die though.

Gift buying criteria.. in order:

1. Will they like it/find it cool
2. Is it something original/cool/useful
3. Will they keep it for a while
4. Will I also like it/use it

What kind of gay thread is this?

Flowers are fucking lame to the max. What a shitty gift.

If a bitch ever gave me flowers I would smack her in the mouth.

Basically I think every gift should be personal and with some thought behind it..
Because: these are the best ones, no?
Say I'm dating a guy for quite some time, and he mentions once that he really needs
some plants in his house, 3 months later on his birthday: I buy him plants:
now how's that for a nice well thought gift, eh?
However..... if I just show up to his house with flowers/ plants out of the blue
with no occasion, then I don;t know... to me it feels wierd... like I'm trying to "redecorate" his
house and take over... girls do crazy shit like that sometimes and I hate that.

so yeah, my point stands: it depends............