Shouting At Shepards Bush Gig

spleen978

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2003
www.endymion.tk
What are people's opinions on the people who were shouting out during the quiet bits of songs? Were they funny or just stupid? And do you think they will be on the DVD? Personally, what i heard i largely found funny - i heard 'get your hair cut' , 'look, its mikael from opeth!' and something about horses. The ones screaming during the mellow songs on the other hand, were gay.

Personally I find that stuff anoying, some of the comments are kind of anoying. I must admit when I saw Opeth live I couldnt help but yell out a "YEAH! WOO" in recogniton to the beauty to one of the softer parts in "A Fair Judgement"

I found it a bit annoying, but I cant complain because I couldnt resist doing it myself in a couple of the mellow parts, its excitment. No crude comments or anything, just YEEAAAAAAAAHHHHAARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH or the occasional WOO!

\m/

spleen978 said:
What are people's opinions on the people who were shouting out during the quiet bits of songs? Were they funny or just stupid? And do you think they will be on the DVD? Personally, what i heard i largely found funny - i heard 'get your hair cut' , 'look, its mikael from opeth!' and something about horses. The ones screaming during the mellow songs on the other hand, were gay.

It will problably be edited out for the dvd release, I at least hope so.

I do not hope so, cause these shouts belong to Opeth Gigs (live rock gig generally). It may be annoying, but if they would edit everythink, that doesnt sound that good, then they do not have to film a live gig, they can lay some pics over the playback from the CD.

i thought a lot of it was funny!

ok, the shouting in the mellow bits was a tad annoying, but the stuff in between songs and when mikeal was talkin was hella'funny! :tickled:

The occasional shout is amusing, but it is extremely annoying during the quieter parts. But then you get those people who decide that they want to chat the whole way through the gig...anyone care to 'comment' on that....:mad:

During an Iced Earth concert I just couldn't contain myself (I was a bit drunk) so when everything went silent I took the chance and screamed at the top of my lungs "Heeeeeeeaaaaavvyyyy Meeeetttaaaaalllll!!!!" in a very high-pitched Dickinson-wannabe style. My friend almost died laughing... but everyone else seemed quite unbothered.

Graveless Soul said:
The occasional shout is amusing, but it is extremely annoying during the quieter parts. But then you get those people who decide that they want to chat the whole way through the gig...anyone care to 'comment' on that....:mad:
Yes, some woman sat next to me and decided to talk to me through the whole Damnation set, fucking annoying...

The shouting wasn't that bad I didn't think...the bits in between songs anyway. I thought that guy who growled Opeth or something was quite funny (Mike said something about posing for the cameras after it)...

if this is gonna be any DVD of decent quality, then Opeth would have had their instruments recorded from the mixing board (as to not sound like utter crap)....the mics will still have picked up the occasional yell, but should barely be audible

Some guys were doing Cookie Monster screams of "Sweeee-deeeenn", and "Ooo-ppppeeeetttth" at the L.A. show I saw, but they mostly confined it to between songs. It was actually the coolest crowd I had ever been a part of. No problems at all. Would it have been different if Opeth played heavy shit? I dunno, never seen them perform the heavy stuff live.

what i found irritating is people who was talking in the mellow set
standing next to me well i tried but i couldnt get away from it
that sucks the most i want to say shut the fuck up-look its opeth
this moment will never come again
why would anyone do such a thing
guess they can only dig the heavy stuff
but also it is rude to opeth who are creating something special
and they didnt give them any courtesy to shut the fuck up an listen
but shouting between songs was great
also the call for the encore was just awesome

strangeattractor said:
what i found irritating is people who was talking in the mellow set