Showcase Replacement Confirmed

The prog fans will love Enchant, they are great guys with an incredible musical work ethic, true professionals. I spoke with Ed Platt last night and he is very excited as is the band to final be able to play PPUSA and I have no doubt they will deliver an awesome set as they did at the three shows we put on with them in the last few years.

Bear

I hadn't gotten around to buying my ticket yet but now I have. I never thought I'd see Enchant. All they have to do is repeat their DVD setlist and it'll be an awesome show. This fuckin' rules! Nice job Shane! :headbang::kickass:

+1 for the DVD setlist. I'd really love them to play stuff from Blueprint and Time Lost.

Real happy about this replacement, I even dare say I think it's better from my point of view since I've seen VP at a previous PP USA.

Rockin' year for sure!!!

Steve

As a general starter for not knowing them I would say maybe BREAK

The most progressive is their first - Blueprint of the World

Juggling 9 or Dropping 10 is also a good one to start with

Neo-progressive rock veterans, Enchant, have been added to the ProgPower USA Showcase. With eight full length releases under their belt, the band promises to deliver a show to satisfy even the most hardcore prog fans.

NICE! Excellent choice for the VP replacement.
Kudos to you bro, for getting knocked down and jumping right back up on your feet!

Neo-progressive rock veterans, Enchant, have been added to the ProgPower USA Showcase. With eight full length releases under their belt, the band promises to deliver a show to satisfy even the most hardcore prog fans.

I was fully prepared to be disappointed with the replacement for Vanden Plas, as they're one of my favorite bands, there are so many "mediocre" bands out there, and Shane didn't have much time. However, one of my "dream choices" for a replacement would have DEFINITELY been Enchant.

For those not familiar with this great band, I'd recommend starting with the following 3 CDs, in order: Break, Juggling 9 or Dropping 10, Blueprint of the World. There are some songs from their "Live at Last" DVD up on YouTube, too...few bands are as "tight" live as Enchant, and Ted Leonard is every bit as good live as on the CDs....one of the best vocalists around, IMHO.

Anyone who misses their set is missing out on one of the absolute best bands in progressive rock (any genre, really). Be there!!

Craig

I want to thank everyone for their patience during the search for a replacement band. I want to thank Enchant for stepping up to the plate under the circumstances. As Glenn can attest, these past few weeks have been very stressful, and I appreciate all of the support. I will continue with my quest for Vanden Plas in 2010.

Shane
Holy S**t Shane!! You just made PPX for me!! I know VP was a huge loss for so many and put you guys through a lot, but man, I can't say that it was it wasn't worth it! Finally, Enchant!!!

I can tell everyone that they are in for a treat! I got to see them at BAR Fest the night before we played and what an awesome show! These guys have talent and so much fun on stage. And who knew that Ted was such a good guitarist? Damn!! I've heard the monitor mix in both venues, Enchant is in for a huge treat themselves and I know they will pass that along to the crowd!

To all involved in making this happen - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! It will be an honor to work with them too!

When I heard the announcement I was rather disappointed (having never even HEARD of these guys, a rarity for myself given their stature).

Anyways, spent the last 2 hours listening to their music on myspace and I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing them! Reminds of Symphony X meets Disconnected-era Fates Warning. :kickass:

I think I owned Blueprint of the World, and hated it, as I was not a fan of the super-light neoprog sound they had. Is there anything of theirs that's a bit on the heavier side, that I might enjoy?

As far as material, my order is:
Blueprint of the World (personal top 10 of all time)
Wounded (followed very closely by...)
Blink of an Eye
Juggling 9 or Dropping 10
Break, Tug of War, and Time Lost

Blink and Juggling 9 would be a better place for heavier material, but they all have a certain magic about them. Blueprint is a great album to sit back with headphones and listen to on the beach. That is exactly what I'm going to do now! Great driving music too.

And as many have recommended, the Live at Last DVD is a great place since it is the closest to greatest hits collection. Ted is a vocal king on an off stage and the DVD proves it. Just wait until September and you'll know exactly what I mean!

I have seen them live 3 times - bored the hell out of me each and every time - what a letdown as a replacement for Vanden Plas. At least I still have Primal Fear that evening!!

Knew about them for a long time but never checked them out. Matbe the showcase will be the right time to do it. Thanks for the efforts Shane :)