Shredding

Hey Wartest,

I was waiting for others to post some videos before I posted, then noticed that you had moved or edited your post.

Feel free if you wish, to repost it here, and I encourage others to step up and do the same! Most importantly, giving constructive criticism is a huge plus for any player's development, so strongly encouraged as well!

And maybe we can find some of you interested in joining on with the next Steve Smyth Forum Solo Competition as well?! Hope so!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

What happened to the competitions? It's been months since the last one.

Good question Profeta... the last winner never submitted his backing track, and I've been wrapped up The EssenEss Project recently, so....

I'm open to starting up another one if you guys are. Anyone who is interested, let me know, but let's put it on a new thread.

sorry to ask but what is this contest about?

We've had 7 solo competitions around here over the last year or so. They're open to anyone who wants to give a shot, showing their soloing capabilities over a backing track, usually composed by the previous winner.

Check out the consolidated competitions, in the sticky section above, to hear what people have come up with!:headbang:

Nothing fancy, this was a 1st take feel of me playing scales and getting a feel for the Tune.

im already onto the full solo, sweeps. string skipping etc, i will post next week,

Im no Steve Smyth, but i do love just jamming and playing and to me thats what it's all about.

also here is me, steve and Jeff in Glasgow scotland 05, exellent gig and were realy Nice to talk to.

186247.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12A75sp37A

Nothing fancy, this was a 1st take feel of me playing scales and getting a feel for the Tune.

im already onto the full solo, sweeps. string skipping etc, i will post next week,

Im no Steve Smyth, but i do love just jamming and playing and to me thats what it's all about.

also here is me, steve and Jeff in Glasgow scotland 05, exellent gig and were realy Nice to talk to.

186247.jpg

Hey right on wartest, and keep 'em coming man!:headbang: Anyone else wants to contribute to this, should as well! Let's check you out. :headbang:

Any takers for another Solo Competition? Or have you all gotten bored of that? Let me know. I'm considering starting another one, but will only do it if I hear anyone is interested of course.:headbang:

If I can get things in order with my PC and get it to record again I may enter the competition.