Shure SM7 vs SM7B vs Neumann TLM 103

I think the TLm103 always pops up for discussion because of the brand name Neumann then the quality of the microphone itself. It isn't a great microphone i would choice a sm7b over the 103 anyday. Sm7bcan be used on so many different sources, a microphone that will stick with you for life, the tlm103 wont do that.

I know everybody keeps saying how the SM7B needs alot of gain from the pre...but ive always thought about it as, it works best on a louder/more aggressive source (vocalist)...rather than the increase in gain going in? :loco:

TLM 103 was used on Chimaira's Resurrection vocals right??? I think the 103 can handle a good amount of SPL level (138 dB) and can sound really good on screams and clean vocals. It's great in AC guitars too, so i think it's a safe bet.
And it was used on latest Mnemic Album (awesome vocal production) alongside with a DBX160, I personaly own one I like it.
What would be you aproach Ermz & Crillemanen for a more melodyc kind of stuff (Machine Head, Scar Symmetry...)

We have 17 TLM103s at the company I work for. Nice flat mic, alright for live classical (no fucking DPA/Schoeps killer though, not even close!), old soundguy loves it. I frankly couldn't care for it much. There's way better microphones out there, and granted they cost much, much more.

And it was used on latest Mnemic Album (awesome vocal production) alongside with a DBX160, I personaly own one I like it.
What would be you aproach Ermz & Crillemanen for a more melodyc kind of stuff (Machine Head, Scar Symmetry...)

Well i really like my Peluso2247Le. It has worked superb on every singer (have recorded perhaps 15-20singers) except one who was a baritone. Works great on screams to. The only cons is that is a bit sharp on some singers, but nowdays i have a hardware 1176 which smooths out hte highs a bit.

Im really keen on trying the Peluso P12 which everyone seems to praise, it is allot cheaper then the 2247 to.