Versatile vocal mic: Shure SM7b or Oktava MK 319?

FYI tried out my SM7 on a few females recently. It sounds very intimate and sensual. Definitely great for some styles.

Excellent choice of words for describing female vocals, Brood :D
That's really the best way to describe this mic on a female voice. It brings the voice right up front and gives it a really sexy quality. Would make a great mic on Beth from Portishead, I would think (Beth...*drool*)

I like my unmodded Oktava Mk-319 on a lot of stuff, especially as a room mic when doing drums. I can imagine it being a bit too dark for most vocals though, but I've heard the Joly mod really opens it up and gets rid of the mud. I'm not sure if I'll get it modded or not, as I kinda like it right now.

i think i will try my possibilities with the sm7 and my pres tomorrow... but i'll have to get rid of my flue first...

when i did, i will post my results here.

my results are: sm7b sounds amazing, i guess the B stands for "superB" or something. but as you guys said, it needs lots of gain. the toneport is useless with a sm7b, it is way to noisy. and since i'm was speaking at the top of my voice the tone ports gain was already to 11. with every preamp emulation turned off it is way to noisy and with preamp emulation it is even more noisy.

screaming will be way louder but i'm also recording speakers i will need a highclass preamp anyway.

i hope i can borrow a tlaudio ivory2 for my next production, afterwards i will buy the arts viocechannel, trackone, or something like that. any recommendations on preamps with adat in/out? (i need adat in/out for live desks with digital inserts via adat)