similar bands to opeth

breadfan

still demon of credence
Mar 8, 2003
new zealand
trademe.co.nz
hey although ive been a member of this forum for a while i havent posted before so this is a first.i was wondering if people know of any bands similar to opeth.i am some what new to the extreme metal scene.i know of bands like katatonia,bloodbath etc but i want to know some, not so well known death metal bands any help would be great

I'd recommend you Morbid Angel, as it's my next fave thing after Opeth =)

I always like these threads...

For similar bands, I'd say... Novembre, Dark Suns, Farmakon

For bands who play an equaly original style... Agalloch, Astriaal

For general recommendations... Morbid Angel, Destroyer 666, Summoning, Dissection, Naglfar.

If you want a constant barrage of good recommendations for new metal bands to check out, I suggest you visit the General Music Discussion board of UM.

ShroudOfDusk said:
I always like these threads...

For similar bands, I'd say... Novembre, Dark Suns, Farmakon

For bands who play an equaly original style... Agalloch, Astriaal

For general recommendations... Morbid Angel, Destroyer 666, Summoning, Dissection, Naglfar.

If you want a constant barrage of good recommendations for new metal bands to check out, I suggest you visit the General Music Discussion board of UM.

I agree....either way...for some recommendations...

Orphaned Land, Extol, Unmoored, Edge of Sanity, In the Woods..., Maudlin of the Well... there's so many I'd recommend you, but they won't really be anything like Opeth....Although most of the bands in the list aren't exactly Opeth-like either.

If you're talking to Orion Crystal Ice about her sig, it's her right to have what she wants...if you don't care for it, you can just ignore it.

Right...

Orion Crystal Ice, to the best of my knowledge, is a lad, not a lady.

I was talking about breadfan's sig, which was something of a fuckup at the time I posted the message.

And... I'm too drunk to care what you think anyway.

As for sound like Opeth - Farmakon(artists) they rip of Opeth completely.

For some original music in the same vein. Agalloch, Ulver, Emperor. I see quite a few similarities between Ulver and Opeth.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I agree....either way...for some recommendations...

Orphaned Land, Extol, Unmoored, Edge of Sanity, In the Woods..., Maudlin of the Well... there's so many I'd recommend you, but they won't really be anything like Opeth....Although most of the bands in the list aren't exactly Opeth-like either.
Unmoored -> :headbang: :headbang:

Jävligt jävligt bra!

The newest album is so amazingly good!

My apologies to OCI if I messed that up, I'm still trying to get to know everybody here! Never saw that other sig, so I just looked up to the next person who had a sig. So anyway, let's just move on from it like it never happened. ;)