similar bands to opeth

The old Swede said:
Disillusion (I heard half of the new album in a record store, I think I'll buy it)
YES! disillusion are great

I got the album when it came out, because i was already familiar with the band, from songs on their Demos and EPs....

"Back To Times of Splendor" is an excellent album, and very opethy, only more prog

all other bands i would be able to think of have been mentioned (edge of sanity, novembers doom... yeah)

Check out Garden of Shadows. Ive not got any albums but ive heard a few songs and they sound awesome. They are a similar style to opeth but sound quite different.....if that makes sence?

if you like early Opeth (namely Orchid and Morningrise), you should check out Ulver's first 3 albums: Bergtatt, Kveldssanger, and Nattens Madrigal. Bergtatt especially has an Orchid vibe to it. and Kveldssanger is all folk.

as far as death metal goes you should check out the melodic bands like At the Gates, Centinex, Amon Amarth, and Edge of Sanity. or if you want a mindfuck, check out Cryptopsy, Anata, Cephalic Carnage, or Origin.

How good is November's Doom? they kick some serious ass. They just got signed to The End Records too, which is a fantastic fucking label.

Vintersorg's Till Fjalls is a bit similar to early Opeth. Maybe not, but it is similar to early Ulver. Oh and if none have mentioned Thales and Lilitu yet, do check them out too.

LILITU is fucking amazing. Well the CD Memorial is anyways. Check out the song I Can Not Be Saved. It is seriously one of the best metal songs ever.

My favorite AC song is "I Respect Your Feelings As a Woman and As a Human Being"
It seriously sound like the Damnation album. I mean it. :cool:

fuck similar bands, listen to bands that dont sound like them. listen to EPHEL DUATH-THE PAINTERS PALLETTE and listen music other than metal, if you dont than your a close minded bastard asshole. listen to KING CRIMSON and THE ROOTS and MILES DAVIS and DVORAK and DEFTONES and MODEST MOUSE and ENSLAVED and MUSIC FROM THE 20's and 30's and 40's and 50's and 60's and 70's (1966-1974, excellent time in music) and 80s and 90's and 00's and music before the 1900's.

etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
wtf ulver is like opeth? since when did opeth make weird psychedelic electronica music and (in early days) raw black metal?
The dynamics on Bergtatt are very similar to Orchid/Morningrise Opeth.

Miles Davis is my favourite Jazz artist.
Check out In the Woods..., Green Carnation, Enslaved might do some good, Arcturus, Celtic Frost, Nocturnus, Isis, Pelican, Melechesh, Pan-thy-monium, Sigh, The Chasm, Kayo Dot, Spawn of Possession....I'm just naming random bands haha...

"fuck similar bands, listen to bands that dont sound like them. listen to EPHEL DUATH-THE PAINTERS PALLETTE and listen music other than metal, if you dont than your a close minded bastard asshole. listen to KING CRIMSON and THE ROOTS and MILES DAVIS and DVORAK and DEFTONES and MODEST MOUSE and ENSLAVED and MUSIC FROM THE 20's and 30's and 40's and 50's and 60's and 70's (1966-1974, excellent time in music) and 80s and 90's and 00's and music before the 1900's."

wtf i never said i didnt like other bands that arent metal(apocalyptic) i have bout 450 cds and a lot isnt metal and i have heaps of music from the 60's,70's and 80's eg deep purple,blue oyster cult,sabbath ,zeppelin.i said i was new to extreme music and was just wanting some hints

oh yeah chaotic, Enslaved - Below the Lights is a damn good album... should appeal to most Opeth fans.

maybe try checking out Bathory's "viking trilogy", which is basically Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart and the album after it whose name escapes me.