Since everyone else is having their say .........

Col_ossus

Formerly Ulster Mosher.
I'll stick in my few quids worth.

Anthrax were the band that got me into Metal. I bought Spreading the Disease not long after its release, and saw them supporting Metallica in Belfast on the Master of Puppets tour a week before Cliff was killed. Friends in school always preferred Metallica or Slayer, I stuck with Thrax, and have seen them 8 times over the years with both Belladonna and Bush. I have bought almost everything they ever released, hell I even went to pains to get some of the rarer Japanese import releases, and bought most releases a number of times, be it vinyl/picture disk/cassette/cd, sometimes 3 or 4 versions of every album, and done it because they were the first and ONLY band that I have stuck with. Even Dan's guitar playing made me first lift an axe those many years ago.

I was pissed with Joey was sacked/left and replaced with John Bush, but Sound of White Noise was awesome, and I loved the new direction, then Dan was gone, my guitar hero seemed to disappear, and I was gutted. But still the albums came, and still I bought them, and loved them.

Now this.

I have followed the band through thick and thin, have done, and always will do, but this reunion puzzles me. To me it seems like a step backwards, and it still doesn't seem real. I have tickets for them in Dublin and Glasgow next month, and even though I am really excited in seeing the lineup that got me into music, I really don't know what to expect. I really thought it was all some sort of joke.

I am surprised by Scott's silence on the board, and how little news there is about Rob and John, and I DO hope they continue with the band after this renunion tour. But I really wish someone from the band would tell us all WTF is going on.

I prefer the Bush era of the band, but I'll still follow Thrax no matter what. I only hope that everything works out for the best, cos I don't want to see them disappear into obscurity.