Since when is there a new Reverend Bizarre album?

I don't think that it's necessarily fair to even compare the albums when clearly they approach the genre from different directions with different outcomes in mind

o rly

and I think a few years from now when we are looking back on the 2000s it is going to be difficult to not include So Long Suckers on the "Best of..." list.

let's see. all i'm saying is, warning blows me away, rev biz doesn't. And they're both doom.

Besides, how you can enjoy anything in the genre if you're constantly making comparisons to WFaD? That's like fucking Kari from Mythbusters and complaining when your $5 handjob isn't a transcendental experience.

ok who the hell is Kari from mythbusters?! what am i missing here? post pix!

kari_byron.jpg

You know, Ali, that brings me to another question. Have we heard any new bands taking up a WFaD-influenced sound in the past year or whatever?

Bound to happen eventually. Or, it SHOULD.

I don't think it's gonna happen. Just too niche and underground. I'm fairly certain 96% of the metal community have yet to even hear (of) the album so it's gonna be a "once in a lifetime" deal. Warning can pretty much retire at this point 'cos they've hit their peak. :loco:

You are all on CRACK when you talk about WFAD, seriously. "The be all and end of all" when it comes to DOOM? Any random Candlemass album intro ("Gothic Stone", "The Prophecy") sends Warning back to school and right at the corner of the classroom. Then again "So Long Suckers" does that too... in a way.

(actually, didn't someone mention that a new Warning album might be out as soon as next year?! Shirley not).

From what I've gathered, a re-release of Strength will be out next year, and a new album to follow that sometime between 2008 and 2047.

And I don't even put WFAD and III in the same sector of rating for doom. 2 completely different styles.

You are all on CRACK when you talk about WFAD, seriously. "The be all and end of all" when it comes to DOOM? Any random Candlemass album intro ("Gothic Stone", "The Prophecy") sends Warning back to school and right at the corner of the classroom. Then again "So Long Suckers" does that too... in a way.

Your ears need help.

I hold the same sentiment as the Athenian. WFAD may be the most over hyped album ever to be championed in the halls of Royal Hype-nage.

Yeah. I got this thinking it would deliver the most amazing musical experience this side of my first listen to "Ride the Lightning"

It was pretty good, but nowhere near as amazing as everyone led me to believe.

How would you compare it to While Heaven Wept's Of Empires Forlorn? It's all I could think of while listening to WfaD.

I certainly wouldn't. While Heaven Wept sounds totally saccharine and melodramatic, while Warning breathes sincerity, conviction, and honesty. And no fucking faggy keyboards.

I certainly wouldn't. While Heaven Wept sounds totally saccharine and melodramatic, while Warning breathes sincerity, conviction, and honesty. And no fucking faggy keyboards.

Like I said before...you dont know wtf youre talkin about when it comes to WHW. But, yeah, they are a polarizing band. Their next album is gonna blow the doors off everything in it's path.

You are all on CRACK when you talk about WFAD, seriously. "The be all and end of all" when it comes to DOOM?

Love your selective quoting :tickled: I said "of this decade", and therefore it's BY FAR the best doom album I've heard since '99.

Yeah yeah, the albums can't be compared...I'm just saying that if one doom album had to be singled out from this decade, I can't imagine anything touches the human soul quite like WfaD. [/gaybutnotlying]