singers like these guys

arg

Jun 4, 2008
Matt Barlow, Roy Khan, Christian Alvestam, Howard Jones

i like their rich, deep, smooth voices. need some similar singers. it's a bonus if they can growl like a motherfucker too. and their bands also have to kickass of course.

Kiuas. Ilja Jalkanen has a badass voice.
indeed he does! a bit rough but i like it

The guys from Amorphis
i sampled their song "Silent Waters" sweet band and great singing

Lacrimas Profundere
woah this dude's voice is real low and manly, very good

post moar recs! thanks

I've always been a fan of Falconer's singer (the proper one not the shit one they had for 2 albums) his name is... *searches* Mathias Blad. Really nice voice in my opinion.

Kiuas. Ilja Jalkanen has a badass voice.

:kickass: beers for you

Tomi Joutsen from Amorphis is great, also Mikkel Sandager (Mercenary) and Anders Friden (In Flames), Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica), Fabio Lione (Rhapsody of Fire, Vision Divine), Andi Deris (Helloween), Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Ben Sotto (Heavenly), Sebastian Bach, Axl Rose, Vesa Virtanen (Twilight Guardians), Ville Laihiala (Sentenced, Poisonblack), Heikki Pöyhiä (Twilightning), Timo Kotipelto (Stratovarius, Kotipelto), Damnagoras (Elvenking)...

I'll finish that list later :)

How could I forget the greatest of them all James LaBrie(Dream Theater, Mullmuzzler)
also Michael Eriksen(Circus Maximus) is great

Vocally Amorphis are by far one of my favourite metal bands. The growls/cleans are both great, kinda like Opeth only way better I think.