Singers who sound like ... other singers!

While you know I'm a huge fan of his, and I definitely agree that he's a great singer and still pretty freakin' unique, I also was somewhat disappointed to hear some BLATANT derivations from Mike Patton when I was on a slight FNM jaunt some years ago - still awesome, just not quite as awesome when you can hear the influence so clearly IMO :D

Then I guess I should listen to some Faith No More, I'm surely gonna love it. :)

Hahaha

Yeah Georgie does nail the Barlow in the gritty sound and also happens to be a baritone so they have comparable lows as well. However another singer that I would say George sounds even more like and even used to look exactly like (when he was ummmn, a little thinner) would be Urban Breed which is weird cause UB and MB sound nothing alike to me :p

I hope you weren't insulting Eric Adams ... Those are fighting words :D

hm nah, from what I heared so far I don't really connect George and Urban Breed...

Dude, we just should never talk about Slayer or Manowar :D

Who does this guy sound like?? if you haven´t heard this song, you probably will think is THAT guy singing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I laugh everytime I watch this video. His stage moves are fucking hilarious.

Hah :p

Yeah man, would be keen to hear that!

Here's a clip of a tune from the band George and I met in back in like '97

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Old George.mp3

Maybe just my opinion but far more Urban Breed than Matt Barlow

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmugVwYT7j0&feature=related[/ame]

It wasn't until I called George over to the dark side with Shadowdance about 4 years later that I convinced him he was able to hit those high notes with rasp ... took some work but the 1st time he did it he had a look on his face like it was the 1st time he got laid or something :p

Here's a clip of a tune from the band George and I met in back in like '97

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Old George.mp3

Maybe just my opinion but far more Urban Breed than Matt Barlow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmugVwYT7j0&feature=related

It wasn't until I called George over to the dark side with Shadowdance about 4 years later that I convinced him he was able to hit those high notes with rasp ... took some work but the 1st time he did it he had a look on his face like it was the 1st time he got laid or something :p

True, now I hear what you mean!

lol @ gettin laid face haha
Guess I had the same face that one time in my life I hit such a high note with rasp steel panther style while fooling around :headbang:
Never again made that happen though, but I know how he must have felt :lol:

^ did that once too ... at the Wacken fest when Blind Guardian was playing. I just belted out this high note with a shit ton of rasp and I have no idea how or where it came from but it was awesome and like 3 dudes standing next to me did the whole :worship::worship::worship: thing :D

I've never been able to do it again ... I think the Jever had something to do with it. I t was cool feeling like a "somebody" for a moment hahahaha

^ did that once too ... at the Wacken fest when Blind Guardian was playing. I just belted out this high note with a shit ton of rasp and I have no idea how or where it came from but it was awesome and like 3 dudes standing next to me did the whole :worship::worship::worship: thing :D

I've never been able to do it again ... I think the Jever had something to do with it. I t was cool feeling like a "somebody" for a moment hahahaha

so bitter when that happens once and never again, but kinda funny to watch yourself failing at trying to reproduce it ^^ even had a nice vibrato going on iirc
I'd rather say it was the epicness of wacken then the Jever ;D

I found this today and they are from my country. Best Dickinson clone ever. If I didnt know I would swear that this guy was Dickinson. I cant even find differences!lol

There's that guy from Operator and chris cornell. I had a twenty minute argument with a buddy of mine over who the singer was, and I FUCKING LOST. Incredibly convincing, in my book.

tottaly sounds like:

ALSO!

tom delong totally "sings" like:

although, beeker is a much better vocalist