Singers who sound like ... other singers!

Oh man i remember the time when that shit was getting huge, I knew of bunch of grunge chicks that couldnt stop talking about creed. That band Days of the New, too. Ugh. At least Vedder presumably did it first even though i'm not a fan of PJ.

At least Chris Cornell had some raging pipes.

Speaking of Cornell... I found his vocal doppelgänger ... Magnus from The Quill

I thought the more obvious comparison, at least "back in the day" would have been between Tate and the young-god-of-all Kiske

Another one that I've always had in the back 'o my mind

Devin Townsend and at times, yes, a young Sabastian Bach

Sooooooo ....

so far no one has found a match for Eric Adams?

Jeff Scott Soto is one of my favorite singers, I love this stuff with Talisman. But there are times he can sound like (a more bad ass) Paul Stanley. :) See Alex Masi's track "Under Fire".

Last edited by a moderator:
This band is totally AWESOME and underrated. I watched them live 2 or 3 times and I enjoyed like a bitch in season. Nice pople too.

BTW, in this album who played the drums? A lame person? It is a big difference between kicks.

seems the drummer was one Owe Lingvall

Isn't he one of the guys involved with Toontrack?

and Daniel Gildenlow

While you know I'm a huge fan of his, and I definitely agree that he's a great singer and still pretty freakin' unique, I also was somewhat disappointed to hear some BLATANT derivations from Mike Patton when I was on a slight FNM jaunt some years ago - still awesome, just not quite as awesome when you can hear the influence so clearly IMO :D

^:lol:

Quite tired allready, but the 2 I think most of are

Our very dear sneapster Felix vs Tobias Sammet :headbang:

the other one you allready know Carlos:

george vs barlow
:D

Cant think of one for the Manowar guy...but Im glad as hell if there's none, because one is REALLY enough ;)

Blind guardian´s singer Hansi Kürsch:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U&feature=related[/ame]

Savage circus singer Jens Carlsson:

Last edited by a moderator:
^:lol:

Quite tired allready, but the 2 I think most of are

Our very dear sneapster Felix vs Tobias Sammet :headbang:

the other one you allready know Carlos:

george vs barlow
:D

Cant think of one for the Manowar guy...but Im glad as hell if there's none, because one is REALLY enough ;)

Hahaha

Yeah Georgie does nail the Barlow in the gritty sound and also happens to be a baritone so they have comparable lows as well. However another singer that I would say George sounds even more like and even used to look exactly like (when he was ummmn, a little thinner) would be Urban Breed which is weird cause UB and MB sound nothing alike to me :p

I hope you weren't insulting Eric Adams ... Those are fighting words :D