Sixpounder

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi!

In this month's Rock Hard Alexi says in an interview that COB used downtuned guitars for the first time in 'Sixpounder'.
I thought that all of there songs were tuned down like 2 and 1/2 steps...
So what??

Does anybody know something about that topic?

grtz, Head

It must be some mistake, as they always played everything downtuned for 2 notes down to D and f/e on Lake Bodom they tuned them do the low C or C#

thats gotta be some mistake

on something wild they tuned to C# standard, on the rest it is in D standard, except maybe HCDR cuz i dont know. same w/ sinergy. beware the heavens - C#, the rest - D. i know that cuz i asked kim goss on the sinergy board and she said they changed the tuning on to hell and back to better suit her vocal range and alexi changed the COB tuning so he wouldn't have to keep tuning his guitar up and down for practice for each band

Guys, I'm fucking sure that Sixpounder and Angels Don't Kill are played with C-tuned gits on HCDR and the rest in D. They didn't play Sixpounder in Japan because they had not enough guitars. Cause of logistical problems I think, must have been extremly expensive....
Alexi also said that they will play Sixpounder on the Europe Tour for sure because it's his and Ale's favourite song on HCDR (maybe in genera, dunno...l)

Thilo said:
Guys, I'm fucking sure that Sixpounder and Angels Don't Kill are played with C-tuned gits on HCDR and the rest in D. They didn't play Sixpounder in Japan because they had not enough guitars. Cause of logistical problems I think, must have been extremly expensive....
Alexi also said that they will play Sixpounder on the Europe Tour for sure because it's his and Ale's favourite song on HCDR (maybe in genera, dunno...l)

Looks like you read the interview in 'Rock Hard' too. I don't get it: Why did he say "we used downtuned guitars for the FIRST time" ????

Sixpounder and Angels Dont Kill are definately tuned lower than D... I was about to start tabbing these songs, but realised my D tuned guitar wouldnt play anything that low :D Im guessing these songs are tuned to C, but the rest of Hate Crew seems to be in D tuning

HeadCrusher said:
Looks like you read the interview in 'Rock Hard' too.

Yes, I read the interview too, but I know that since I heard HCDR the first time....there were another thread some time ago with rumours about 7-string guitars....that's bullshit!

HeadCrusher said:
I don't get it: Why did he say "we used downtuned guitars for the FIRST time" ????

Good question,
Maybe the status "downtuned" begins for Alexi with C-tuned guitars, haha!
Or maybe Götz just made a mistake with the translation...I don't know!

Ooooooh Crap And Fucking Crackers! Alexi Has Tuned Down His Guitar!!! Oooooh! Ooooooooooh!!! Someone, Please Call The Police, The Government, The Fbi And The Friggin´ Authorities!!! Fuck, The Fact That This Isn´t On The Front Pages Of Newspapers All Over The World Is Fucking Beyond Me! Alert The Media "alexi Tunes Down Guitar - End Of World Imminent".

I didn't bother readign this entire thread but I'm here to enlighten you all.

Sixpounder and Angels Don't Kill are 2 steps down (C). Every other song is one step down (D), except for Something Wild, which is one and a half steps down (C#), if I remember correctly.

And it's definitely because of an incorrect translation. Alexi just meant that they downtuned their guitars that far for the first time.

EDIT: I heard that Sinergy's latest album (Suicide By My Side) is two steps down, but I could be wrong.
err.gif

U[Sic]M said:
Ooooooh Crap And Fucking Crackers! Alexi Has Tuned Down His Guitar!!! Oooooh! Ooooooooooh!!! Someone, Please Call The Police, The Government, The Fbi And The Friggin´ Authorities!!! Fuck, The Fact That This Isn´t On The Front Pages Of Newspapers All Over The World Is Fucking Beyond Me! Alert The Media "alexi Tunes Down Guitar - End Of World Imminent".

stupid fuck

Thilo said:
Maybe the status "downtuned" begins for Alexi with C-tuned guitars, haha!

Well that would be an explanation too! :D

I am looking forward to the day when they come on tour in may!! Damn I am waiting so hard :headbang:

Hey, don't fucking hold that against me. Reasons:

1. I posted this last post in this thread before I even knew about it.

2. I was trying to make a point with that thread. The points were that there are sick fuckers out there and yet, most of the sick fucks come from countries other than the U.S. I'm not saying that we are perfect and yes, our citizans do some stupid and sick things, but what about your country? What about your citizans? Maybe instead of looking at us like we are the fucking devils, you should take a look at yourself for a change. Take a look at your townspeople. It can happen to us, and it can happen to you. Just because we are in different countries doesn't make one better than the other. Use your fucking brains people.

NP: Joe Satriani - Devil's Slide

SSJ4SephirothX said:
Just because we are in different countries doesn't make one better than the other. Use your fucking brains people.

Actually, it does. Me being from Sweden makes me a whole lot better than most people here.