SLATE DRUMS EX - $20 on audiomidi.com

Thats not acceptable. I hope you get sorted soon.

Surely someone from Slate can help this guy out??

I'd say it's Audiomidi's fault. Anyway it's not that big a deal, it's just really frustrating because I'm in a complete blackout since I got an order confirmation.

HOORAY!
it works on my macbook on snow leopard.
waiting for service centre to update on the studios mac pro which is on leopard, seems to be taking forever!!

It took me an hour and a half to get the passcode email. I tried the link, the servers were down - so I emailed Slate Support, and they got back to me in an hour (despite me emailing them at about 2am US time).

I tried again the next day, got the login page but couldn't login (as I posted on here). Left it about half a day and still no luck, so I emailed Slate Support again - and again they replied within a couple of hours. The next day I got the "Server upgrade" message just as they'd told me.

Tried again last night, got in first time, downloaded the whole thing in around an hour; no problems, no slow speeds, no corrupted files.

So yeah, it has been really messy and it's taken longer than it probably should have - but the Support guys at Slate have been quick to reply to me both time I emailed them, they've been courteous and apologetic, they've been up front and said "yes we're having issues, but this is how we're trying to fix them, please be patient" rather than just fobbing me off with excuses, and they've written the emails personally rather than just mailing out a stock response. Like Executioner said, if I'd ordered a hardcopy of it I'd still be waiting for delivery - and if there'd been a problem with that, it would have taken a lot longer to sort out.

Of course you're going to get annoyed if you sit there refreshing the page every 5 seconds going and it still doesn't work. If it doesn't work, go do something else for a few hours (at least) before you come back to it. Seriously, if you feel "outraged and humiliated" because the 'ickle bitty dwum samples won't download, you have more pressing issues in your life than a borked server.

Steve

I emailed Slate support four days ago now... not gotten a response. I cannot login to download any files; although I'd rather have wav's anyway.

Did you write to
aMDownloads at audioMIDI
or
sales at audioMIDI

Still nothing ;/

I emailed "Sales @" and got a response in a few hours. I got a response from aMDownloads.

I just said I hadn't gotten my passcode for a couple of days, was wondering if everything was going ok, thanks for your time, etc... Even though it's their fault, keep it cordial and they might help you out sooner.

I got it running, but have yet to figure out how to get SOUND to come out, so thats the next feat. Also, I just ended up using Firefox's normal ol' download manager and got the files in 2 hours...long enough to go watch The Wolfman and have em done by the time it was over. No download problems here.

I just said I hadn't gotten my passcode for a couple of days, was wondering if everything was going ok, thanks for your time, etc... Even though it's their fault, keep it cordial and they might help you out sooner.

Yeah that's what I did, only I sent it to the other mail. I'll probably get one Monday...maybe.

Managed to get the samples over the past 24 hours, and I gotta say, I am impressed. Comparing this to my old stuff (with DFH2 [not superior, the EastWest version], along with sneap derived kicks and snares), its FAR superior.

Now this means I can't blame my drum samples for my mix problems any longer..... :(